You can type here any text you want

Motor swap questions please help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

regalmike86

Hey everyone. I need help. Hopefully someone here can help me. i have an 86 regal with a n/a v6. I got a 72 pontiac 350 from a friend and I want to swap it into my regal. I am having a few problems, cuz I cannot seem to find motor mounts for this motor. Does anyone here know wherew I can find the right mounts of what other car I can maybe get them out of. maybe a v8 grand prix or something??? n e help is appreicated

Hey I got an idea ......JUNK IT:)
:) :) and finish the body work.

Do the 350 and 301 use the same mounts? I think they put 301's in 78/80 Regals/Grand Prixs.

What accessories are you going to use (power steering pump, etc). And transmission? Motor mounts seems like just the start of the mismatches.

Building up the V6 or a Buick 350 would make more sense to me.

Rich,
First , Your website is awsome,great source of info.I'm going to be helping Mike do the swap and the reason he's using a 72' Pontiac motor is because he is getting a great deal on it. I believe he is going to use a th350 trans and just wants the power steering, no A/C. This is going to be a real budget project,so every dollar saved the better. My question was do the 455 and the BB 350 use the same motor mounts and cradles...I think the cradles are the most important

Ah, I know what budget means. :)

I wish I could give you better advice, but the only GM motor I really know is the V6 (Do you have any Mopar questions? ;) ) And I know the Buick 350 is a V6 with a couple of extra holes.

Many people have stuck Buick 455's in the Regal. They just drill new holes in the Regal's cradle.

Maybe some of the Turbo TA will know about the Pontiac 350??

Somewhere in 1975-76, Pontiac changed the mounts design on their engines. If my memory serves me correctly they went from 2 to 3 bolt holes. The 301 was used from 78-81, this may not be a starting point. You may need to custom fab something or check with Pontiac sources, they may have some type of adapter bracket for this setup. You may need to look for mounts for a 72-75(-6) Poncho V8
Alot of 301's are ripped out for a 400, I would think there would be something out there.

www.poci.org or High performance Pontiac magazine might be of some help.

Back