You can type here any text you want

MSD odd-fire distributor needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlownV6

MSD odd-fire distributors needed , needs to be the later style ball bearing housing with bolt down cap. actually need the reluctor out of it !! so if you happen to have an odd-fire reluctor that will work also. I built my distributor using one of these and now want to build a couple of spares. Let me know what you got !! buickv6@hotmail.com cell 937-272-4313 Ohio thanks Mike :cool:

Is there a way to tell if you have an odd or even fire Dist? I have one but thought they were the same model.

I don't know other than my msd distributor has a sticker on it that says Buick Even Fire.

the odd fire dist, the tabs[i grind off five] are close together in pairs, the even fire are more even spaced . i have a oddfire in my stage two headed engine and a evenfire in my champion headed engine, i have a xfi from cal, you can unplug the distributor and the car runs just as good as with it plugged up you just dont have induval cyl, control i thought everone knew that. good luck, oc,

Hi Sorry I been out of town !! MSD #8552 is the one Im looking for. Even fire engines fire every 120 deg of crank rotation, so the reluctors are evenly spaced. Odd-fire fires 90 deg then 150 then 90 then 150 degree apart.
Thus thats why it is called odd-fire and the reluctors look to be in 3 pairs with a big space between the pairs mike :cool:

I have a MSD #8554 out of a oddfire -off center block package deal i bought -is this what your looking for or is there something better-is this the right distributer for a odd fire motor?

Back