You can type here any text you want

MT ET Street R

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ITSAV6

It's my Granny's car!
Just got 255/60/15's installed on my stock T wheels. Drove 1/2 mile from tire store to a bridge and launched it. Left about 4psi and it dead hooked w/no burnout or anything.

Just got 255/60/15's installed on my stock T wheels. Drove 1/2 mile from tire store to a bridge and launched it. Left about 4psi and it dead hooked w/no burnout or anything.
I bought some a month ago also, same size but did a burnout at the track before the run. Left with about 8 lbs. of boost and hooked a 1.699 - 60 ft. Tried to leave with 10 lbs. and spun! Very nice tires!!

I bought some a month ago also, same size but did a burnout at the track before the run. Left with about 8 lbs. of boost and hooked a 1.699 - 60 ft. Tried to leave with 10 lbs. and spun! Very nice tires!!

Maybe a bit of chassis tuning is in order??

Can you please elaborate, for newbies.

There some basic, and some more involved ways to help w/ this issue.
Condition of the suspension.
Choice of components
Testing methods

First, I'd make a log book, and track what I do, What the weather is, engine tune, track prep, tire psi, shock settings, are some of the log items I'd use.
Good videos are also a way to help w/ diagnosis. Data logs contribute info, also.
IMO, consistency is of prime importance. No way to confirm a particular change is/is not effective, if the consistency in not there.
W/o trying to write a book, I'd suggest you take a look at this link...
http://www.shopeshop.org/contentsDrag.htm
Billy has been around for a long time, and has a wealth of info to share.
You can also go to Kevin Slaby's site, and see his contributions to the traction story.
http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/
You can do a site search in members. {KevinS} You'll see all the posts/threads he's been in.
He's sold his Buick, and doesn't come on much, anymore.
I conversed w/ him over on www.theturboforums.com, just recently.

12-13 lbs. in each tire. Track conditions weren't the best and due to all the cars that showed up, only made two runs. I do have the air lift in the passenger side now, so we'll see next time. I actually thought the 1.699 wasn't too bad for street/strip tires and good enough to get into the 11's?

my friend does 1.4 on 275/60 MT I have about 22psi in mine. I do a 1.6 on slicks with 6psi launch. All stock suspension, factory bushings. Recently added the ATR big rear sway bar and it seems to have helped a lot.

What does your car run in the 1/4 mile and how about your friend's car? Sounds like your friend is running 10's with those 60' times!

7.61 1/8th and 12.15 in 1/4 on 93 pump with Reds 93 chip and stock IC Friend wnt 10.60s

I figured 10's with a 1.4 60 foot time. 1.6 is good enough for 11's and that's all I'm trying to get. I just have to get the tranny done, im making a lot more horsepower now but the tranny can't handle it. Always something $$$

Back