MY 1ST "BEST OF SHOW" AWARD

JAMCAR223

IMG_9845.JPG
IMG_9857.JPG

A little late with this post...but last weekend ( Fathers Day ), I won my 1st "Best of Show" award. I did this show last year, and won my class ( 1971-1990 Custom Car ) but right when I pulled in to park there was a really nice Grand Torino, and Vette that was going to give me a run for that award today. Well when trophy time came around, they announced my class, but did not call my name.:( I'm thinking my streak has come to end...I was thinking my car was not good enough that day for the " Specialty Awards " - Best Engine, Best Paint, Best Interior, etc.. and sure enough, did not call my name. My buddy looked at me, and said " bummer". I know... but then the last award... BAM !! #49 in a row. My car will be featured on next year's show flyer, and T-shirt. This 80's grocery getter is taking over HTown. Turned that frown right around..:)

That's cool! Congrats!

This one is my favorite!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 82
View attachment 323319View attachment 323321
A little late with this post...but last weekend ( Fathers Day ), I won my 1st "Best of Show" award. I did this show last year, and won my class ( 1971-1990 Custom Car ) but right when I pulled in to park there was a really nice Grand Torino, and Vette that was going to give me a run for that award today. Well when trophy time came around, they announced my class, but did not call my name.:( I'm thinking my streak has come to end...I was thinking my car was not good enough that day for the " Specialty Awards " - Best Engine, Best Paint, Best Interior, etc.. and sure enough, did not call my name. My buddy looked at me, and said " bummer". I know... but then the last award... BAM !! #49 in a row. My car will be featured on next year's show flyer, and T-shirt. This 80's grocery getter is taking over HTown. Turned that frown right around..:)

Way to go!! That's got to feel good.

Good going!

Now, if you attend shows held by all of your local Hot-Rodding groups in your area like I do, I hope they wont stop giving you trophies!

Bastards in my area wont give me trophies any longer! Even though most times I clearly destroy the competition. But that's OK I guess. I like the shows and the fellas that organize them, the money goes to good charities, and it gives me a reason to drive the Buick and bullshit with like minded people.

It's nice to see you get some recognition and a pat on your back for your hard work.

Thanks for the support. I attend for the great people I meet, and the cars. Trophies are fun, but not important. I travel all over the region ( Huntsville, Conroe, Cleveland, Humble, Spring, Woodlands, Cypress, Tomball, Copperfield, Katy, Fulshear, Stafford, Sugarland, Richmond, Rosenberg, Victoria, Lockhart, Alvin, Webster, Kemah, Galveston, Baytown ) to show this car. No matter where I go... there is always a story. You guys have heard them all... My Mom / Dad had.. I remember back in High School.. My older brother... My best friends Dad.. The fastest car in 1987.. Used to destroy my Mustang.. but I still enjoy hearing them. It is hard work to get / keep a car at this level, but I make the time. As stated above, most of the shows are for good causes/charity, so I don't mind the expense of the entry fees. It can be an expensive hobby... but I remind my wife that it could be worse. :)

TurboT... Best trophy ever!!

lol

Good going!

Now, if you attend shows held by all of your local Hot-Rodding groups in your area like I do, I hope they wont stop giving you trophies!

Bastards in my area wont give me trophies any longer! Even though most times I clearly destroy the competition. But that's OK I guess. I like the shows and the fellas that organize them, the money goes to good charities, and it gives me a reason to drive the Buick and bullshit with like minded people.

It's nice to see you get some recognition and a pat on your back for your hard work.

Brett,

What's going on up there?

You guys got some good frequent weekend regular cruises going on? Ever since the end of Marcus Dairy, I'm looking for a reason to venture up 684 or the Hutch/Meritt parkways a bit. But remember, I'm a spectator as well. It's not worth it to only see 2 Hondas, 5 small block Chevys and one open wheeled Hot-Rod.

Probably won't make it out until after 4th of July weekend though. Weeknights are impossible for me.

Yea that previous post made me LOL literally. I really cant imagine there being too many cars as badass as yours at them smaller car shows but I guess they cant give the same guy a trophy every week...:p

Well, there is the one in East Granby every Monday night at Marks Auto Parts. Its actually pretty big. Id say a couple hundred cars each week but its quite a haul being North of Hartford.

I was actually going on Sunday mornings to Cars and Coffee in Yorktown, NY. Not sure if u have been there before but on a good day there 300-400 cars there! Everything from Muscle to Exotic.

Car is under the knife right now but maybe 3 weeks out I'm hoping so we can definitely meet up as soon as I get my car back. Im down for anything in Jersey as well. Car was built to drive anywhere.

Brett,

What's going on up there?

You guys got some good frequent weekend regular cruises going on? Ever since the end of Marcus Dairy, I'm looking for a reason to venture up 684 or the Hutch/Meritt parkways a bit. But remember, I'm a spectator as well. It's not worth it to only see 2 Hondas, 5 small block Chevys and one open wheeled Hot-Rod.

Probably won't make it out until after 4th of July weekend though. Weeknights are impossible for me.

Yea that previous post made me LOL literally. I really cant imagine there being too many cars as badass as yours at them smaller car shows but I guess they cant give the same guy a trophy every week...:p

Well, there is the one in East Granby every Monday night at Marks Auto Parts. Its actually pretty big. Id say a couple hundred cars each week but its quite a haul being North of Hartford.

I was actually going on Sunday mornings to Cars and Coffee in Yorktown, NY. Not sure if u have been there before but on a good day there 300-400 cars there! Everything from Muscle to Exotic.

Car is under the knife right now but maybe 3 weeks out I'm hoping so we can definitely meet up as soon as I get my car back. Im down for anything in Jersey as well. Car was built to drive anywhere.

Thanks Brett for the info. Yes, Hartford is a little far for an average cruise night. But I have been to Yorktown's Cars & Coffee. I have a friend who lives in the area and I have met him on occasions to hang out for a while. It would be nice to run into you there but I don't normally plan to go because it's more of a spur of the moment thing. My girlfriend enjoys riding with me but sometimes she just doesn't want to get up that early on a Sunday morning. Maybe in a week or so when the weather is warmer, the early morning air would be nice to go on up and run into you. I'll hit you up and let you know if you can. Maybe we will hang out.

Ok sounds good bud. ill keep ya posted if anything decent comes up around here.