my 3800 SC sucked out a valve?

M

mxxxxxm

I'm not a mechanic and was hoping someone more experienced might have an opinion...

I had my 99 Regal GS towed to the dealer on Sunday. I got the call this morning that it doesnt look good and that it looks/seems like a valve was sucked out. I was told it will likely be an expensive fix and something that very, very rarely happens.

I had a very unlucky weekend, and I'm not talking about just with my car. But this capped off my weekend in hell.

I guess I'm lucky that I picked up an aftermarket warranty. I've never had experience with a warranty claim. But the mechanic is requiring me to replace my modded air box (basically cut out the extra plastic) before he submits this claim, he told me the warranty people might call it 'abuse'.

I'm kinda worried about the claim, as the worst case scenario that I was given would be that my car requires a new engine and supercharger. Think I'll have a problem with my claim?

I know, I'm looking for some sympathy by posting this, but could someone tell me what caused this? How could it be "user error?"