my 80 regal limited

i have a problem the 1350 yoke i ordered for the 7.5 rearend ive ordered 2 sets of u-joint girdles and non of them fit distance center to center on the bolts are to short on both girdles it seems that the measurement on the yoke bolts is 45.5 mm or just shy of 1.8" any tips??

a little turbo assembly and the turbo flange adapter sins the flange on the headers i have is a T4I flange and i have a t3 flanged turbo sadly not made from stainless steel but maybe when the ebay turbo buys the farm ill drop a T4I flanged turbo on it a holset HX35 like juha had on these headers

decided to fiddle a little with the turbo gasket match the turbine inlet and inlet and exit of the compressor housing probably overkill for the low horsepower level but hell it cant hurt

couple updates finished the tremec box and the dual filter bracket somewhat disapointed with the fit of the blue AN fittings i thinkin about getting a pipe tap to sin the fitting in deeper to where the hex bottoms out on the bracket itself so no visable threads

The fittings may go in further with pipe thread sealer if you have screwed them in dry. If you tap them more, go a little at a time. Nice transmission.

little update for the buick newest parts and you can see the horrid example of what can pass for a rust "repair " on the frame also the frame boxing kit from hellwig also mds cap and rotor so now its ready to go for the distributor and yes that is thin sheet and lots of silicone to hold it in place

th_IMG_0419_zpsbxcb0gan.jpg

Last edited:
small batch of parts and am pic of the torque box brace spent the last two days prepping the frames mid section for welding in the mid section boxing kit with acid treatmen of the rust that is down in pits of the steel and cant be reached by the angle grinder

parts are a titanium shifter real nascar part and a tilton 6000 hydro throwout bearing

Hey now that is great progress and makes for good motivation to get finished.
Nice work!

pile of parts arrved alittle before christmas more will come in not too long

Last edited:
couple goodies came in the mail today more soon to come the rotating assembly is right around the corner

Attachments

• IMG_0765.JPG
    IMG_0765.JPG
    458.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    443.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG