You can type here any text you want

my build plz advise

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87_we4

turbo tom
after spending some time on the phone with jack cotton today i think im going to go with champion gn-1 heads, 212 roller cam, roller rockers, arp head studs, champion complete intake.. in gonna run my Precision 59mm turbo and 2800 stall with this setup untill i pull the motor out this winter and build the bottem end then add a 66mm bb turbo and alky.... what do you thing of the set up im getting ready to buy? good combo?

Whythe Champion full intake? I assume you don't mean a stock ported? Seems overkill?:confused:

Should have asked what you want out of the car. There's alot of green in those parts you listed. Just wondered.

IMO, with that set up, ported irons and a ported sock intake will be fine. The GN1's and the Champion intake will offer no gains. I feel the Champion intake offers no advantage until going deep into the 9's, and I mean deep, with full ported GN1's.

Well I'm looking to get my car in to the 10's next year.. But if its not needed I'll spend the money on something else

See my combo below.

This got me to a 10.87 @122 mph on only 22 lbs of boost, 25 deg of timing, on 91 oct, with Razor's alky. I do have a Champion ported stock intake.

This is a heavy car with AC, cruise, all braces, steel GN rims and a SLIC.

There's more ET left in it, but I don't want to put a roll bar in it.

IMHO, the magic is in the small details, and the tune.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Back