My car does the Hula!!!!

Hi Turbogto; folks,

Turbogto: it sounds like you're on the right track. While you're at it, check what others have offered in this thread, like bad shocks (front and rear, incidentally,) and loose fasteners in the suspension and frame. The "rocking" that you describe sounds like a resonant condition which could be indicative of bad shocks. BTW, boxing the LCA's and optimizing the pinion won't solve your problem, IMO.

About PU bushings and different control arms: I happen to have PU bushings in the rear suspension and LCA's that are dropped 2" at their rear attachment points on the rear axle, in order to increase anti-squat to 125%, and to eliminate the rear axle's built-in roll-understeer. With NOS rubber bushings between the body and frame everywhere, except solid bushings at the four corners of the body, there's not a trace of axle hop nor of the swaying/rocking you're describing. But I'm far from convinced that what I have is the best approach for my goal.

I'm sure many others here could advise you better about aftermarket control arms. Nevertheless, I still think that if you restore the car to its as-new condition, your problems would be over. I would suggest you strive for this first, and then continue to explore upgrade possibilties afterward.

Best,
MAP

Check your LCA in the area of the bushing. I have had the metal in that area crack (very thin). Mine occured on the drivers side on the bushing that is toward the rear of the car.
Jeff

Also check your LCA-to-frame mounts. Mine had cracked (Southsides :rolleyes: ) and the car was all over the place until I had them repaired.