my car wont start up?

steelcurtain001

My 87 regal limited wont start up, i know its not the battery or alternator because they are new. when i start the car it makes a small clicking noise and thats it. lights turn on so its not the battery. maybe the starter? maybe you all can help me thanks.

If you are saying its not the battery because it is new. What is new? If it more than a couple of days old, it still can be the battery, if you are getting a parasitic drain, and the battery lost its charge. Did you try to jump it? If you suspect the starter, then pull it and bring it to your local parts store and have them check it. They will do it for free.

I hope you did not buy a new alternator and battery because you couldn't start the car.

i purchased the battery about a month ago and the alternator a 2 months ago. i jumped it several times and same result. it was runing well 2 weeks ago. i will pull the starter and get it checked. i will tell you if it was the problem.thanks

How do u uninstal a the statarter? i unscrewed lower bolts on stater and it didnt come off is there a step by step instaltion page ? that any one can direct me to

thanks

How do u uninstal a the statarter? i unscrewed lower bolts on stater and it didnt come off is there a step by step instaltion page ? that any one can direct me to

thanks

Not to sound like a dick but do you have any mechanical abilities? I would find a buddy that can help you. These cars are temperamental and a novice could get in trouble quick. Did you remove the wires from the starter? Make sure the battery is disconnected and the ECU is UN-plugged!

i didnt know that thanks, for the info. do you know where 2 find info how to uninstall and install the starter step by step? i am having trouble to find the right bolts to uninstall the stater.thanks

i didnt know that thanks, for the info. do you know where 2 find info how to uninstall and install the starter step by step? i am having trouble to find the right bolts to uninstall the stater.thanks

This seems to be beyond your abilities. You have to get some help or you will destroy your car!!

Holy ****...you guys are tough. Give the guy a break. Maybe some of us would like to start fixing our TR's since they are a hobby. We all gotta start somewhere. This forum seems like a great place to start, that is why this is here?

Holy ****...you guys are tough. Give the guy a break. Maybe some of us would like to start fixing our TR's since they are a hobby. We all gotta start somewhere. This forum seems like a great place to start, that is why this is here?

I know you have to start somewhere, but, the best way to learn, not waste money, and enjoy the car is to be taught how. Not to teach yourself. I don't mean to be a dick, but, if you can't find the bolts to undo the starter, then you must not know what the starter looks like. It is the unit about the size of a loaf of bread, on the passenger side of the motor, under the exhaust header. You get to it from under the car. The red battery cable (positive) bolts to it. Please get a little help and READ ALL OF THE INFO on gnttype.org. You should be able to read it in a few hours. We are just trying to help you enjoy your car.

what state are you from? maybe there is someone on the forum that can help you, or you can shoot some pics of what you have done to try to take the starter out and one of us can lead you in the right direction.