You can type here any text you want

My Favorite Xmas Present This year. #3 Dale fans must see.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i was at the 98 daytona race when he won it, got a comp Kellogg's pit and garage pass and used it to hang out at Earnhardt's garage. Every race after that was a big disappointment. That race was like going to the superbowl.

Originally posted by JRSGN
Guys,

Before you all "BASH" Otto, He has a right to his opinion (right or wrong is in the eyes of the beholder).
Jim

So do we.

It was a disrespectful and stupid thing to say. jmo.

Originally posted by kes610
i was at the 98 daytona race when he won it, got a comp Kellogg's pit and garage pass and used it to hang out at Earnhardt's garage.

^^^^^^^^
I am GREEN with envy!!!

Great present!.

Sad, seeing, *fast with Class* disappearing.
There was a time, when someone died that they were given a minimum of repect. Nice to see some people extend that to someone.
BTW, who here hasn't been young, and a little wreckless?.
While even if you didn't like him as a driver, he did ALOT behind the scenes with getting talented drivers into rides, and sponsoring them. Not to mention leanding engines to competitors, and having poorly funded teams drive R+D cars.
Ya, a real ---- ----- ------.
Anyone know of ANY other driver, that's done that?.
Ask Dunleavy, Marlin, Erwin, just to name a few who owe their careers, or ability to race to him.

IMO, he, toward the end, represented *fast with class*.

RIP, Dale.

Thanks for posting that, Bruce. Gave me chills when I saw it and read the write-up about the picture. My wife got me into NASCAR and especially Dale back in the early 90's. Pretty much followed drag racing before then.

Just loved watching that guy drive. Saw him race in person only a few times but would always watch the races on TV. (Haven't watched a complete race since he died)

We went to an open house at RCR back in 95 and the place was mobbed. The autograph line was about 4 hours long!

My cousin was at the 500 that day and has some pics of Michael, Dale Jr and Dale on the final lap, real sad seeing those knowing that his life was about to end. Hard to believe it has almost been 3 years.

i don't feel anyone has to defend earnhardt. that was a ****ty thing to say.

Originally posted by SinistrV6
I remember when Ayrton Senna died. Not being an F1 fan, I couldn't grasp the amount of grief that his fans worldwide felt. He was a Brazilian hero! After Earnhardt died, I finally understood what they felt. You spend every Sunday for years watching someone, arguing for them, following their career and then they're gone. Doesn't matter if you knew them personally or not, it can still be tough to overcome.

I remember that too, except i think Brazil is crazier... He was GOD to them... They still have like candlelight vigils and stuff to the guy to this day!

This Thread should be locked.....

And Restarted so That It cant be Replied to...
That way It doesnt veer of course and take away from what The thread meant to Begin with.

People should be allowed to Display there Favorite Christmas Gift.

So others who may enjoy it can see it also.

People also have a right to there opinion,And should be allowed to state it without It turning into.... "What this thread Is turning into"!!!

Its not the original Remark that Detracts away from the Meaning of this thread,As much as all the Follow up Remarks...

Just my opinion,Usually never wanted,And seldom listened too..;)

:D

To make everyone happy

I deleted all my demeaning,undecent comments as you few have called them, And it doesnt meean i dont have class,just by your definition,SO this thread will not have to be locked.
Otto

Way to go, Otto!

It takes a man to do that. Doesn't mean you've changed your opinion or "caved in" but did what was better for all concerned. If more of us were willing to do this sort of thing, we'd all be better off in the long run.

My hat's off to you.

I also realized that I was the one to take the thread off course,And it only take one post to do so,not my intention.
Otto

I have always admired Earnhardt. I have never been so upset about any one persons death than his. Excluding family, friends etc. What was apealing to me about him besides his extreme skill was the lack of whining. Even during his "bad years" he did not blame the crew etc. like many do. I also think it was awesome how he finished second in the points his last full year at age 49. He never gave up. He was trying to get that 8th championship. He certainly did not need the $ or fame.:cool:

Thanks Otto, notice Bruce's comment is also gone. Maybe others will revise their's?:):)

IMO, this list isn't a right, it's a priviledge, and we as a community need to steer things back to the origins of Fast with Class, IMO.

Low balling, or making comments about someone you haven't had any direct dealings with is just being irresponsible. How someone acts on the track isn't about being a popularity contest, it's about winning, and no one can say Dale wasn't a winner on the track. And of course in that, comes jealously, and envy, so it's somewhat expected that there will be those that fall into that arena also.

Personnally I think, those that take to the practices of being less then responsible on their posts should be banned. Maybe not permanently, but long enough to get their attention, and let them think about what they've said.

There are lots of lists that are meant for mindless opinions, and slanderous postings, let's not let this one become one of those, Lounge area or not.

So as long as we a praising someone,coment all you would like?
THere are alot of negative things in this world also that need to be commented about,This was not one of them.

Originally posted by bruce
IMO, this list isn't a right, it's a priviledge, and we as a community need to steer things back to the origins of Fast with Class, IMO.

Low balling, or making comments about someone you haven't had any direct dealings with is just being irresponsible. ......

Personnally I think, those that take to the practices of being less then responsible on their posts should be banned. Maybe not permanently, but long enough to get their attention, and let them think about what they've said.

There are lots of lists that are meant for mindless opinions, and slanderous postings, let's not let this one become one of those, Lounge area or not.

Bruce, your comments are excellent and very true. I would like to add to them from an administration point of view and apologize for being off-topic, but it needs to be aired.

The board owner and administrators had had lengthy discussions during the past few weeks and the one common item we agree upon is the tolerance for personal attacks, inflamatory posts or threads and irresponsible [love your wording Bruce!] comments will be greatly lessened.

This IS a turbo Buick tech board primarily. If it is not "TECH", and it is in the tech area, it will be gone. Not moved, just gone. This will include personal chit-chat or "cute" comments.

In the Lounge, off topic talk will continue and the board guidelines will be strictly enforced. About 99.9% of threads and posts are acceptable, a very small percentage is not. We will deal with those quickly and effectively.

Bruce, thanks again for pointing out that we allow people the "priviledge" of posting here, it is not a right.

Again I am sorry for being off-topic so please if you must respond, do it privately, or start another thread, and let the #3 fans enjoy this one. [This info will be in a separate administration post for all to see shortly.]

Great gift Bruce

Bruce, I enjoyed that picture and so did my wife. Leigh said she is going to have a long talk with Otto this year in BG. LOL He must be a 24 fan. LOL This was one of the few threads she ever read.
Earnhardt was the Elvis of Nascar and will always be the #1 in my book. Without him, Nascar would not have been where it is today. He was on of the bricks that built Nascar and thank heaven for Earnhardt fans that Jr is around.

Re: Great gift Bruce

Originally posted by Bobtempest
Burce, I enjoyed that picture and so did my wife. Leigh said she is going to have a long talk with Otto this year in BG. LOL He must be a 24 fan. LOL This was one of the few threads she ever read.
Earnhardt was the Elvis of Nascar and will always be the #1 in my book. Without him, Nascar would not have been where it is today. He was on of the bricks that built Nascar and thank heaven for Earnhardt fans that Jr is around.
Hey whats up Bob? :D I think if people here need to know if i am a classy guy, Bob could step up, HE seen first hand how much work i did for other people, while i was working on my own car in BG, ANd i never asked for a red cent. All the people i helped, were people i never met before and may never see again.
Will be looking forward to the talk Bob:D
See ya there, Same Spot? Same mine if oyu beat me there.
Otto

Back