You can type here any text you want

My first encounter with the darkside...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
She likes the sporty cars- like the t/a. No matter, at least it comes from the General:biggrin: I'm different, I've always liked the ratty sh!tboxes with a good motor and think I'm gonna fix it up;) At least I don't have to worry about scratching mine...

She likes the sporty cars- like the t/a. No matter, at least it comes from the General:biggrin: I'm different, I've always liked the ratty sh!tboxes with a good motor and think I'm gonna fix it up;) At least I don't have to worry about scratching mine...
exactly... you wouldn't want to haul a$$ down a dirt road with your buddy standin out the moonroof with a spotlight and shotgun, or plow through a barbed wire fence runnin from the cops with a kilo of blow in the trunk in your nice fancy TA now, would you? think of all the fun you miss out on when you're worried about your car's looks.

BREAKIN' THE LAW, BREAKIN' THE LAW-LOL! Finally somebody gets it:biggrin: SPeaking of the death trap, me and my buddy pulled the bumpers, deck lid, steering and dash last night. He asked me if I wanted one of his aderols (or however that's spelled) when he comes over next time. I said no I don't need the car finished this weekend;) Although....???????:biggrin: Nah J/K! I'll wait till I get laid off for that:rolleyes:

Just reminded myself

I keep forgetting to order some of those bad ass sidepipes for the t/a too:cool:

haha, that judas priest song always makes me think of the regal for some reason. ;)

Lmao

That was some funny shiat there L-----, Just got back. Jet lag is whoopen My A--

while getting chicks with a nice car might be kind of fun, they aren't usually the ones you want. Anyway, how is that a challenge?

What I used to do is take girls out in my 1990 civic sedan that has no hood and is spraypainted black with the previous yellow house-paint paintjob chipping through, along with mismatched rims and usually no muffler. It's what I like to call the "materialism test." If a girl will still go out with you after you take her out in that, odds are she is pretty damn cool. lol.

And if you find a girl that thinks a rusty, dented, white g-body with 275s on the back is sexy, then you've found yourself a keeper. ;)

For my last one(girlfriend) show'd up in my 91 FORD(iknow Iknow) F250 Rig truck. After a couple dates and thought her worthy I brought out my very nice 84 GN...it was beautiful, the one with the leather seats and lumbar etc, smashing mags, Ya she was impressed. But I had already been l---d by then and kept her for 10 yrs.:biggrin: oh the girl not the car BTW

shoot, ive been with my current one for over 9 months and i still haven't found her worthy enough to ride in the T... Nah, actually its just because that POS has been broken down ever since i've known her, lol.

shoot, ive been with my current one for over 9 months and i still haven't found her worthy enough to ride in the T... Nah, actually its just because that POS has been broken down ever since i've known her, lol.

HER or THE car...:biggrin: :biggrin:

You guys are too much....Broken wives no hood HOndas..lollol... I got lucky w my gf... At first it was a hooptie now she actually finds the GN sexxxy... Loves going to thetrack and car shows w me.. Now if I marry her does that change??? I hope the hell not. Divorce is expensive and Id rather be miserable w $ (that will go into the car) than be happy and broke...lollol

hey henschman, speaking of barbed wire fences my T went through one the "before" previous owner had it. Guy lived in missouri from my understanding. Makes sense:biggrin: . I had thought about not worring about the cosmetics on the car but going from a nice car then jumping something that has rattling windows, window motors, mirrors, no carpet, loose trunk deck etc. it gets kinda old.

Great story. I was a freshman in 1987 and also got my license then. I guess that's why I will always own a TR. Memory lane I guess.

Hearing stories like that give me that warm and fuzzy feeling about my car and make me feel better when I spend money on it. Which never seems to end.

Oh, I have more stories. I've just been lazy... I agree though. These cars are all about your first time. You know what they say ...Once you go Black...:D

Yea, I owned a real nice 03 Camaro SS that was really nice and miss it but not enough to get another one. Just can't seem to say the same for the TR's. I searched the internet for over a year looking for a new ride to buy. I went from Mustang to Camaro to Trans Am to Syclone (grrr... still want one) to Supra to Vette and so on and and so forth.... always went back to the TR. Has been that way ever since I could really afford to own a toy. It's easy when you have no kids or family to support I guess.

It seems that people I know at my age either have wet dreams over a GN or or have never heard of them? Most people have no clue when you say Turbo Regal unless they are truly into cars. But if you say GN most seem to have a clue. It seems to be the same for kids in their early 20's as well but they have no clue what a Turbo Regal is tho.

I am a fan of domestics and imports but I guess what car floats ones boat has mainy to do with what cars were produced in your early to late teens when you traded in the Freestyle bike for something a little more exciting;).

Btw, more stories if you got em. They entertain me:D.

I am in agreement. I once considered a vette, and a syclone, and even a Typhoon (still want one of those)- I ran into a Ty when they were brand new. It was the only thing that ever got close to keeping up with my T...

Actually, I thought it was just a black blazer (By now you'd think I'd know better:D ) He knew what I was driving and tried to pass me. I let him get close and then I'd pull away. Then he dropped the hammer and crawled up onto my side. I was surprised because I was half way into it. Needless to say I gave him a swift application of "turbo boost" and left him about only 1 car length behind me. When he got next to me again, he turned off and went to get some gas. I followed him to chat and he told me that he used to have a 454ss Truck but that this one -the TYPHOON, was much faster. - It was a pretty nice ride. The guy was cool too.

First time i saw a GN run.

I had a friend of mine who had been racing a 87 cutlass with a 455 pontiac engine, and it would fly. Anyway he sold his cutlass, and got a GN(must have got beatin by one). I never been that close to one. He called me, and said he had a race, and did i want to get in on the action, i said sure. After getting to his house, i see a all black regal in the drive, i said whos car he said mine, i say whats in it? He said V6. Well im thinking i dont want to see a toyota, and regal race, he smiled. Got in his car, and headed out, the car rode like a dream, the A/C worked, it was good on gas. So we get to the race spot, and i ask him which car was he going to race, he say the one on the trailer:eek: . I say are you crazy! That thing sounds like a beast. He say watch and learn. They go line up, im not betting on a car with a V6. Im half way the 1/4, they launch, the cutlass is gone by at least 5cars, i hear the GN spinning, and going from one lane to the other, i didnt thing it would spin, all of a sudden the GN get traction:eek: . The front of the GN raise24inches, and BAM!! Three cars from the line the GN blows by the cutlass, and put a car between them. After that i had to have one!!! Love my GN.

My dad was a General Manager at a Buick dealership. I wanted one from the time I saw the first 86 they got. I begged for one in 87 to put up till I was 16 but pops said too fast! I got a 300zx and kept it 2 years and when I graduated from HS got my first GN, which I still have....

I remember being like 16 when I saw Richard Clarks SpeakerWorks GN on the cover of car audio. It was the most awesome thing I had ever seen!!!

I still thought my little 300zx was fast. Well one afternoon on the way to town I ran up on some guys racing a GN vs a 300. My blazer was the finish line so I had a perfect view. The GN was set out about 25 cars or more and wasn't allowed to leave to the 300 got beside him:eek: I thought I know the GN is bad but he can't do that.... Well when that GN lifted and hit second it looked like a cannon was hooked to it as it squatted and just made the Z car look like it stopped:eek:

There was no turning back after seeing that:biggrin:

Back