You can type here any text you want

My first head gasket job.. Lol.. Sounds so wrong..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

c n avoid87

So i blew a head gasket the passanger side. But im replacing both.. How did it happen u might ask...... Well aparently i had alky off!!!!! Floor the crap out of it and a loud bang!!! Not fun... Im learning as i go so far so good, thanks to wickedv6 hes been guiding me. Any help would be appresiated.. Thanks hope to be up n running by this weekend meet.. If not well the second one i miss.. Damn!!!! Kinda off scary.. First timer doing this..

Attachments

• image-2248459594.jpg
    image-2248459594.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 170
  • image-4174802735.jpg
    image-4174802735.jpg
    542.8 KB · Views: 167
  • image-389303095.jpg
    image-389303095.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 175
  • image-3266182558.jpg
    image-3266182558.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 157
You have to be sweating your ball bearings off. It's way to hot for changing head gaskets.

What do you plan to use for replacements?

Felpro's are decent. I use those on stock rebuilds.

Stock head bolts are torque to yield. They are not suppose to be re used. ARP's can.

The ones that were removed are arp's.. Also is it necesary to take the heads to a machineshop? They stock iron heads, just ported acording to the previous owner.. Wich it seems like they are..

Prolly not necessary unless there is something that concerns. Most guy's clean em up and slap em back on. The best thing you can do IMO is torque cycle the bolts a few times to get a good crush on the gaskets. Use some good sealer on the threads. I like Permatex #2. Clean and dry the thread holes the best you can.

Next time you can do cometics and studs.;) LOL!

RL

Is It me or did that intake valve on #4 cylinder hit something? And did the electrode on # 2 get eaten up?

Reggie West said:
Is It me or did that intake valve on #4 cylinder hit something? And did the electrode on # 2 get eaten up?

I hoppe is just you.... Cuz is all done and runing.. So far so gud at 22 lbs of boost.. Taking it to 25 slowly but shurly..

Future reference its best to get the heads checked for flatness and milled if needed with any head gasket change. Glad its up and running now. Keep the alky on 6!!

turbo nasty said:
Future reference its best to get the heads checked for flatness and milled if needed with any head gasket change. Glad its up and running now. Keep the alky on 6!!

Yea i did. Took them to a shop had them clean and checked.. I wasnt going to but. But at the last minute i jut took them in.

Back