You can type here any text you want

my gn vs. zo6

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOTERRORV6

The Street killer V6
Just happen about 30 minutes ago!.i was cruising along 45 south,when a red zo6 vette pulls up along side of me. He then revs his motor at me(was loud!) so i drop my speeds to 40 as he did as well. so i knew it was on,(a freeway roll on buick!oh no!!Lol) . I started brake torqueing ,spooled boost up to 4-5 pounds,in the moment of the last honk,i pounded the pedal,and instantly pulled 3 cars ahead of him still reeling him up ahead bad,but i had to brake due to traffic. I boosted 15 pounds,when i started knocking in the yellow zone(pump gas),so i had to lighten the pedal anyways.Cool driver,gave me the thumbs up,and a horray of honks(i guess he was amazed seeing a g.n in the middle of the night ,lol) ............

Nice kill...zo6's are very nice cars. I would like to own one one day, especialy the new ones...but until then I will stick with my TR. :cool:

2005 Z06

Nice kill. Gotta start to watch out for the new Z06's. The new 427 small block they have is one mean motor.

your car must have at least 500 hp those zo6s are no joke on the roll my friend has a 03 and his car traps at 117 bone stock and has broke into the 11s bone stock, hes a great driver,not to say that you are lying,if you told me you took him from a dead stop i would not question that.are cars are not knowed for roll and high trap speeds.gns are all about the dig thats were they do all there damage,down low not on the roll against a 6 speeds.and as far as the O6 zo6 dont even bother unless you have a stage 2 under the hood,that car will finally put a end to us bullying stock vettes,that car traps around 127 bone stock. well it was fun while it lasted.

greg wilson said:
your car must have at least 500 hp those zo6s are no joke on the roll my friend has a 03 and his car traps at 117 bone stock and has broke into the 11s bone stock, hes a great driver,not to say that you are lying,if you told me you took him from a dead stop i would not question that.are cars are not knowed for roll and high trap speeds.gns are all about the dig thats were they do all there damage,down low not on the roll against a 6 speeds.and as far as the O6 zo6 dont even bother unless you have a stage 2 under the hood,that car will finally put a end to us bullying stock vettes,that car traps around 127 bone stock. well it was fun while it lasted.
i run 10.23 @ more than a 130 mph. I consist of a 4.1 conley assemble block,te-44a turbo,75 shot nitrous setup(to cool things up),conley's custom cam,duttweiler ported heads,(kenne bell stud mount r.r),conley's custom made sheetmetal intake(newly installed),80 lb. injectors,conleys double pumper fuel assembly, art carr built 200-4,neil chance 3200 stall,(just installed) innovative front mount intercooler,alkey spray system,big stuff ecu system,full exhaust. and i always run race fuel(c-16). I mean from a dead stop i would murder him,no question ask, from a roll, my g.n is capable of giving him a run to a certain extent as i already did,and i beat him. Don't get me wrong,like i said before,theres modded zo6's out there than can surely hand my ass down,like any other modded cars,but this time,this z06 didn't have enough.point said

Attachments

• 1W18.jpg
    1W18.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 879
are you sure about the new 06 zo6 having a 427? i'm pretty sure i heard its just a 6.0 making 500hp. all the performance is in its super light weight. from what i've heard its going to be an all carbon fiber car.

i have heard about the 427 bored and stroked ls1's out there, they were not something to be messing with. so maybe it is. i'd like to see that actually.

6.0 is about a 365 cubic inch...

motors

denn454 said:
are you sure about the new 06 zo6 having a 427? i'm pretty sure i heard its just a 6.0 making 500hp. all the performance is in its super light weight. from what i've heard its going to be an all carbon fiber car.

i have heard about the 427 bored and stroked ls1's out there, they were not something to be messing with. so maybe it is. i'd like to see that actually.

6.0 is about a 365 cubic inch...

Reading through the posts here - just to clarify... The new Z06 has an LS7 7.0 liter engine and makes in excess of 500 HP in bone-stock condition. The smaller motor is the LS2 (6.0L) that is used in the Cadillac CTSv to make around 420 or so depending on who you ask. Another neat motor in the GM stable is the 4.6L supercharged STSv motor which is officially rated at 469 HP!

Hope that helps a bit.

Michael

Yes

:D The new Z06 will have a 427!! Saw one here the other day @ a lot just arrived so the owner of the lot was showing it off.. Finally got around to starting it an I thought these 3.8's had bad lifter tick except this one never smoothed out.. There a short article in last months GM High Tech that they are gonna make a limited run of SC Z06's that will have 700 HP an they all will be blue.. Kinda like what they did with the CTS putting a blower on it.. GM's sales will still be down.. I think there trk. sales is what keeps them going. Oh yea an $65,000 base price Z06's gottta help too!!! :D

RUQWKNF27 said:
:D The new Z06 will have a 427!! Saw one here the other day @ a lot just arrived so the owner of the lot was showing it off.. Finally got around to starting it an I thought these 3.8's had bad lifter tick except this one never smoothed out.. There a short article in last months GM High Tech that they are gonna make a limited run of SC Z06's that will have 700 HP an they all will be blue.. Kinda like what they did with the CTS putting a blower on it.. GM's sales will still be down.. I think there trk. sales is what keeps them going. Oh yea an $65,000 base price Z06's gottta help too!!! :D

Just to clarify - there is no blower on a CTS, only the STSv. The CTSv is a normally aspirated 5.7L (2005 and older) and 6.0L (2006 and newer). Of course I am sure someone is tinkering with them in the aftermarket - there is already a CTS body with a 3.8L turbo motor in it.

jusa6 said:
i run 10.23 @ more than a 130 mph. I consist of a 4.1 conley assemble block,te-44a turbo,75 shot nitrous setup(to cool things up),conley's custom cam,duttweiler ported heads,(kenne bell stud mount r.r),conley's custom made sheetmetal intake(newly installed),80 lb. injectors,conleys double pumper fuel assembly, art carr built 200-4,neil chance 3200 stall,(just installed) innovative front mount intercooler,alkey spray system,big stuff ecu system,full exhaust. and i always run race fuel(c-16). I mean from a dead stop i would murder him,no question ask, from a roll, my g.n is capable of giving him a run to a certain extent as i already did,and i beat him. Don't get me wrong,like i said before,theres modded zo6's out there than can surely hand my ass down,like any other modded cars,but this time,this z06 didn't have enough.point said
Why in your first post did you say you only ran 15#'s of boost because of pump gas then in this post you always run c 16 and you have alky? Very nice setup and car.

Just to clarify "" Well seems I am mistaken , we cannot be right all the time!! By the way do you have a brother named JESUS :eek: Seems theses days people are more interested in correcting an questioning stuff rather then just reading it an let that be it!!!

RUQWKNF27 said:
Just to clarify "" Well seems I am mistaken , we cannot be right all the time!! By the way do you have a brother named JESUS :eek: Seems theses days people are more interested in correcting an questioning stuff rather then just reading it an let that be it!!!

Sorry. I was not trying to be rude. I work at the plant where the Cadillac CTS/STS are made and take an active interest in promoting the vehicles, etc.. The goal of my post was not to be offensive in any way. Anyone who writes about CTS, STS, Z06, etc. is OK in my book.

The 01-04 z06 is no slouch from 40 to 100. That is a perfect 2nd gear and 3rd gear pull. Not many cars can compete with a z06 in that range. You had to have been puttin' down some power. I have a z06 as well as a Buick and both are sure fun. Buick is quicker to 130 but after that I'd rather be in the z06.

TurboTnZ06 said:
The 01-04 z06 is no slouch from 40 to 100. That is a perfect 2nd gear and 3rd gear pull. Not many cars can compete with a z06 in that range. You had to have been puttin' down some power. I have a z06 as well as a Buick and both are sure fun. Buick is quicker to 130 but after that I'd rather be in the z06.
that night,the driver didnt have enough....

Stock z06s are fast but come on, why is it hard to believe a 10 second GN won't walk a stock or mild z06 from a roll. GNs aren't known for their top end but some people really exaggerate how bad it is. It's not like we hit a wall. A 120mph trapping car is still a 120mph trapping car. Good kill. People are so quick to quote the fastest of the group. I see most z06s at my track trapping 110-113mph stock. The new 7.0L will be a handful for stock block cars.

Stock z06s are fast but come on, why is it hard to believe a 10 second GN won't walk a stock or mild z06 from a roll.

Hey, you're preaching to the converted here, I totally believe a 10 second GN will smoke a near stock Z06 from a roll. No doubt in my mind. Even my lowly 11 second Buick trapping 126.48 mph should take most Z06's with heads and cam work no problem from a roll as well, including my own Z06. It takes a little more work to get a Z06 over the 130 mph barrier, like more cubes and naws on top of head and cam work. However, I did witness an otherwise bone stock 02 Z06 with only a cage, et streets and 150 shot run 10.8 @ 125+...

TurboTnZ06 said:
Hey, you're preaching to the converted here, I totally believe a 10 second GN will smoke a near stock Z06 from a roll. No doubt in my mind. Even my lowly 11 second Buick trapping 126.48 mph should take most Z06's with heads and cam work no problem from a roll as well, including my own Z06. It takes a little more work to get a Z06 over the 130 mph barrier, like more cubes and naws on top of head and cam work. However, I did witness an otherwise bone stock 02 Z06 with only a cage, et streets and 150 shot run 10.8 @ 125+...

My comment wasn't aimed at you, it's the people that think the GNs magically shut down after 60mph that get to me. I realize the z06 is much better equipped for top end performance and I would be retarded to argue that it wasn't. I also believe there are 11 second stock z06s but they're rare. For whatever reason, at my track, most Vipers run high 12s to low 13s and most LS powered cars run low 14s to low 13s. On the other hand me and my dad are the only GNs to run under 13.0 or even 14.0 for that matter that I've seen locally so I guess it goes both ways.

It's cool. I was trying to be funny with the whole preachin to the converted thing. Yeah, I know there are a few stock Z06 drivers very deep into the 11's. It requires too much abuse of the clutch for my taste. I think Ranger or JRod on the vette/ls1tech forums have gone 11.4 with no other changes than a decent 17 wheel tire combo. There are others who have the fortune of tracks with -DA. Me on the other hand have to race at 10,000ft + DA's. Where a 13.4 @ 106 is a good time in a n/a Z06...The only saving grace is that my Buick run's 10.91 @ 130 up here using nhra 1/2 correction factors...

My best ET's for the Z06 in Dallas and in Denver have been when I shift at 6000-6200 rpm and not at 6500, but it does lower my MPH. I think if I don't chirp the tires on the shifts it runs quicker down the 1320.

cool 84 said:
Stock z06s are fast but come on, why is it hard to believe a 10 second GN won't walk a stock or mild z06 from a roll. GNs aren't known for their top end but some people really exaggerate how bad it is. It's not like we hit a wall. A 120mph trapping car is still a 120mph trapping car. Good kill. People are so quick to quote the fastest of the group. I see most z06s at my track trapping 110-113mph stock. The new 7.0L will be a handful for stock block cars.
WERE IS YOUR TRACK? COOL 84 IS IT GREAT LAKES? IM IN KENOSHA.

Back