You can type here any text you want

My latest... Thrust Bearing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Cam bent?
1. Need to put it in a lathe and check for run out.
2. Cam brgs are in crooked? What do the wear patterns look like?
3. Time to start fresh....
2. The wear pattern is right in the middle on all bearings. More prominent on the bottom side of bearing.
3. Never!!!!!!
I probably will end up replacing everything in the end but I will try to make it work first. I will spend countless hours and $$$ for no reason other than me being stubborn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I got lucky. The cam bearing really aren't bad. The oil film was playing tricks on my eyes. Cleaned the. Off and they actually look pretty good accept #3 has a small gouge that I can feel but I am going to risk it.
I got the cam to spin freely once I realized that the thrust surface was dry from sitting. Little oil and it spun like it should.

Now to fix that nick in the new cam. 1000 grit? It on the very edge of the journal so as long as I only touch that part the rest of the journal should be factory fresh.

As long as that spot didn't roll up a booger, just let it be. If there's a high spot that you can snag with a razor blade, dress it with a stone or a fine flat file.

Nothing wrong with what I see so far. If you came back to me crying that I messed up the build I would put it back together with all the same parts and put it in a car and run low 10's. Nothing in this post is of concern to me. Maybe I am a caveman builder, though.

Bearings and crank are fine, EVERY thrust bearing I've installed had copper showing on both thrust surfaces

Back