You can type here any text you want

My Lifters Are Ticking

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
What Do I need to do? My friend hopped in my car and I think he might have over revved the engine... :eek:

Get some CD2 Detergent to add and let it work for a while. If it doesn't clear up then you have a problem and then you can kick your "friend" in the nads.

OMG!!! YOU'RE OLD.:biggrin: LOL JK Ronnie.:smile: That's another option for you.:smile:
Started young Charlie, I have used a Fallstaff can to shim up the backside of a spun bearing also.....and I you how far you can drive with saw dust in a tranny can take off 20 k for a hundy no one will know...........:confused: And that was by 19yrs, So uncle sam here we go..........

Started young Charlie, I have used a Fallstaff can to shim up the backside of a spun bearing also.....and I you how far you can drive with saw dust in a tranny can take off 20 k for a hundy no one will know...........:confused: And that was by 19yrs, So uncle sam here we go..........

LOL I think we're about the same age Ronnie.:biggrin: So your backside needed to shimmed up? Maybe excercize wout help you some. LMAO.:biggrin:

Get some CD2 Detergent to add and let it work for a while. If it doesn't clear up then you have a problem and then you can kick your "friend" in the nads.

people were telling me that what he did was really messed up... my engine sounds like a typewriter now:mad::mad:

You need to get it to a shop ASAP and have it checked out. A reputable shop. Sounds like it's hurt bad if it sounds like a typewriter. (You actually know what one of those is?)

Is it all of them, or just one. If it's a tick-tick-tick (one tick per rpm), then it could be many things.

It would be a challenge to over rev the engine with an automatic trans.

You need to get it to a shop ASAP and have it checked out. A reputable shop. Sounds like it's hurt bad if it sounds like a typewriter. (You actually know what one of those is?)

Yes I do know... I think we have one somewhere...

Is it all of them, or just one. If it's a tick-tick-tick (one tick per rpm), then it could be many things.

It would be a challenge to over rev the engine with an automatic trans.

I thought that with the old OHV pushrod engines, that it was possible to bend a pushrod, or get a valve float. :mad:

Valve float..... Hopefully nothing got bent. Does the car run different, less power, bad idle?

the car runs the same, but it seems like the idle may be off, but I havent checked the timing either. My car also never has felt like it has had a lot of power, especially up hills.

I thought that with the old OHV pushrod engines, that it was possible to bend a pushrod, or get a valve float. :mad:

Yes, it would be possible, but these cars tend to shift well before the redline. It's possible, but unlikely.

Back