My New "Stock Driver" Car

StageII86

My gray limited has been down since October and I am awaiting my girdled, forged, GN1-headed roller motor from the machinist. I decided to get a little more aggressive with that car and make it a little more of a strip vehicle.

I then started thinking it would be nice to have a stock or near stock one just to jump in and drive anywhere...maybe do some brake/handling mods to sometime. After missing the black Limited on here that was listed for $4,500, I began more aggressively looking around elsewhere and wound up picking this one up in the Indianapolis area.

The nicer pics are the seller's photos, and the darker pics were taken yesterday morning after I drove it 13hrs through bad weather straight from Indy to Dallas. I am going to have some minor paint work done in a few areas and then take some better photos.

Needs just a few basics:
Spring Cleaning
RE-install A/C and Cruise
Scanmaster
Boost Gauge
Temp Gauge
Derale Trans Cooler
TT 5.7
Some light paint work on drivers side
Exhaust re-done (horrible muffler shop special that bangs the floor)
Jeep Shaft
Maybe some decent sway bars if I can swing them

Once all this is done, I'm pretty sure this will be my main transportation in decent weather and also be local show-worthy. It seems to be a super solid stock driver thus far and didn't skip a beat on a 885mi straight through drive.

Damn,I bought the Black Limited but want a Light blue metallic.I was thinking of painting the Limited that color.You wanna trade!!;)

Last edited:
Thanks, yeah this color was always on up there on my list. So many cars of the era were this color, but it just pops on the TR's, esp with the chrome pkg.

And you're right...the market seems to be all over the place on the "nicer cars." Definitely some good value rides out there if you look around.

Gotta go get my inspection and tags...

Yes, interior is great. Carpet is original and in average shape but everything else is exceptional.