My new TA headers.

Hopefully they have thier jig fixed and you don't have to grind those high dollar headers to make your turbo set straight like we did.:eek: :eek:

Hopefully they have thier jig fixed and you don't have to grind those high dollar headers to make your turbo set straight like we did.:eek: :eek:

I see you live up to your screen name!:rolleyes:

Since it is impossible to make every piece and part perfect, even with a jig, we have a process we use called "customer service".:confused:

We will fix, repair or refund if needed, any set of headers to satisify our customers. We have made many on-going improvements to these since they were first produced a few years ago.

There is another concept called "feedback", which we happily accept from our customers. We have found complaints and unreasonable customers do not help improve the product.:biggrin:

I see you live up to your screen name!:rolleyes:

Since it is impossible to make every piece and part perfect, even with a jig, we have a process we use called "customer service".:confused:

We will fix, repair or refund if needed, any set of headers to satisify our customers. We have made many on-going improvements to these since they were first produced a few years ago.

There is another concept called "feedback", which we happily accept from our customers. We have found complaints and unreasonable customers do not help improve the product.:biggrin:

I'm not chit talking I was stating a fact.:D I called your "customer service" and talked to you. I told you they didn't fit right and you said there was no issues. Then I said To send me another set, you said they will fit the same the second design wasn't done yet.
I said why did you redesign them if there was no issue. It sucked grinding on a 900 dollar set of headers
I think I still have pics of the tilted turbo on he headers that had no issues.

I have to say that my TA Headers that I bought last year were 1st class all the way thru. What I nice piece of craftsmanship. I have been very pleased with the fit. The only thing that was a PITA was getting the band clamps on, but after I learned the secret, not a problem any more.

Steve

I'm not chit talking I was stating a fact.:D I called your "customer service" and talked to you. I told you they didn't fit right and you said there was no issues. Then I said To send me another set, you said they will fit the same the second design wasn't done yet.
I said why did you redesign them if there was no issue. It sucked grinding on a 900 dollar set of headers
I think I still have pics of the tilted turbo on he headers that had no issues.

ouch, that sucks balls man!

I got the pass. side header on and it seemed close enough for me. I had to muscle the turbo around a little but I think I remember having to do that with the stock headers as well.

Is there a trick to the band clamps? I haven't gotten there yet but it would be nice to know if there is a way to get them on.

I'd like to buy a set. I'll wait for my stockers to crack... Should be anyday now.

Does anyone know how the gasket between the turbo and header is supposed to go? There's a material side and a copper side. I have the material side faced in at the header. Is this right?

are they mild steel? what was the coating on them? tell us more.

If you want experince in putting them on come down to Lacey's Spring. Took a cruise Saturday and thought my crossover was loose. It wasn't. :mad:

Have a set of Stainless on order today.

Put a slight bend in the threaded end.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Thanks. I called AZGN and they told me to bend the bolt. It worked.

I finally got them on and buttoned up. I had to order a set of Felpro 1400's. Whatever gaskets came with them wouldn't seal. I also tried bolting the headers right to the head and to no avail, they leaked. The Felpros sealed it right up. I don't know why they don't just send those with the headers.

I must say though I'm very impressed. They look good and my engine has never been so quite under the hood. No ticks or taps! My stock headers were a mess so this was a much needed upgrade.

I had to order a set of Felpro 1400's. Whatever gaskets came with them wouldn't seal. I also tried bolting the headers right to the head and to no avail, they leaked. The Felpros sealed it right up. I don't know why they don't just send those with the headers.

Thats why I wanted to see some pics of the flanges. Sounds like the same problem that I had. The welds cut into the flange making them impossible to seal. IMO header gaskets are a band aid on a turbo motor. They will fail.

It's a shame this issue has not been addressed. They look real nice until you try and get them to seal.

So I just ordered a set of these. Someone post up a picture showing what you mean by the welds cutting across the flange. I would assume that could

What about the copper header gaskets?

Interesting ..FWIW one mine I never tried the ones that came with it as had a set of copper that i used.