My new transcooler/lines install with pics

And yes, have a freshly painted dust shield to put back on after I fire it up for the first time.

Mark looks good. Would like to install one of those coolers some day. But really, "Painted" cover... you disappoint me.:biggrin:
Allan G.

The proper thread is 1/4" STRAIGHT pipe threads NOT the usual NPT threads. Using the NPT tapered threads MIGHT crack the case.

So 1/4" straight thread with -6 male? How about thread sealant or teflon going into the tranny case?

Just buy those adapters I mentioned in an earlier post and you will be all set. I used a touch of teflon SEALER on the threads. Started a few threads in so it doesn't end up in the trans, would NOT use tape. The adapters have a teflon washer as well.

Attachments

• ati-925137_w.jpg
    ati-925137_w.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 1,562
Pic of where i installed trans temp sensor. Bear in mind that this is a deep aluminum pan and thick enough to just drill and tap.

Attachments

• newtransinstallmore 003.jpg
    newtransinstallmore 003.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,614
  • newtransinstallmore 005.jpg
    newtransinstallmore 005.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,633
Thanks for the compliments. Wouldn't make any money working on other peoples' cars as I tend to take my time and over analyse everything I do.:biggrin:

Everything is back together and been chomping at the bit to at least take it out for a break-in run. Ran it in on jackstands the other day to verify all gears and check for leaks and all good. Today, pushing 40 degrees and since they aren't using sand as much around here during the winter decided to take it out for a drive. Roads were nice a clear and did a 15 mile run. Trans temp was around 145 degrees max. Didn't get a chance to hammer it as I haven't filled the Metco trunk tank with Meth yet.

You do some nice work Mark. You car is immaculate. I thought I was anal but after seeing you car, your one up on me. LOL! :biggrin:

IMO The trans cooler by itself prolly won't cut it on the hot day's. I tried it before and ended up @220 in just a short expressway romp. :eek: I do run a non locker so that prolly doesn't help.

Better get some juicy juice in that tank. ;)

You do some nice work Mark. You car is immaculate. I thought I was anal but after seeing you car, your one up on me. LOL! :biggrin:

IMO The trans cooler by itself prolly won't cut it on the hot day's. I tried it before and ended up @220 in just a short expressway romp. :eek: I do run a non locker so that prolly doesn't help.

Better get some juicy juice in that tank. ;)

NLU converter here as well. Got the bigger B&M cooler with electric fan. Will see how it works out. A little plumbing and can go back into the rad again but would rather not if I can help it.

i ordered a month or so ago the same setup. i will be installing it the end of next month as well as my new trans and NL PTC converter.

Update. One of the hottest summers ever here in the New England area. Just using the supplied thermostat in the cooler wasn't to my liking. Temps would go up around 195 before the fan would come on. I ended up just doing a manual switch for it and when I see the temp in the 160 area I just flip it on and it maintains that. SPAL fans are pretty tough so not worrying about running it too much. Long highway trips on a hot day with non lockup TC and no issues at all. If I could find a lower thermostat switch for it I would switch it out but this is working fine for me as is.

I used Earls - 6 teflon hose with 4 90 degree steel fittings. You have to use the special fitting for teflon hose.

Looking at the pics, the lines coming out of the trans run rearward, then loop around and then run forward?... is there any was you could have used 45 degree bends instead of 90's?

Getting ready to do something similar to my MCSS...