My restoration started

RUDE DOG

Rudeawakening
Im starting on the frame and suspension
floor 011.jpgframe 001.jpgframe 002.jpgframe 003.jpgframe 007.jpg
will post more as it comes along.

Wish ya luck on her. My 82 GN looks about the same right now and that's why I started with the 83 first. I thought it would be easier in the end. LOL Boy was I wrong.:biggrin:

No updates on the body as of yet. Gonna start taking all the floor braces and seat pads off tomarrow. Im going to change the whole floor pan. Ill update soon.

I got my complete pan yesterday. Ill keep you guys posted on the removal and install of this pan. I need a new regulator for my argon tank and cant weld at this time. I also need a heater for the garage. Its COLD!

Attachments

• floor pan 001.JPG
    floor pan 001.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 325
Well i started removing or should i say cutting floor pan and removing all the brackets. Ill be done removing it tomarrow.
Heres some pics of the carnage

Attachments

• floorpan 007.jpg
    floorpan 007.jpg
    588.2 KB · Views: 366
  • floorpan 010.jpg
    floorpan 010.jpg
    695.9 KB · Views: 361
  • floorpan 012.jpg
    floorpan 012.jpg
    664.8 KB · Views: 356
Heres how it fits not too bad. still have to clean all the flange areas and cut the excess in the rear of new pan.

Attachments

• new floor 023.jpg
    new floor 023.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 310
  • new floor 020.jpg
    new floor 020.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 306
Heres a couple pics of what i did today. I still have to add a few welds in between spot welds and fix my rotten seat brackets or replace(outers). Ill show pics fo the rear area when im complete. Maybe then ill show what i went through to fit the rear area of pan.Any way i know ill be busy for awhile, but am very hyper about getting it done.

Attachments

• floor 004.JPG
    floor 004.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 315
  • floor 005.JPG
    floor 005.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 297
Well heres an update first pic shows the extra material i had to cut off the new pan.
second pic shows how i cut the scrap into three sections the center to be used later.
third pic shows the modification made to the hump area of new pan.
fourth pic shows the section i saved from srap welded.
fifth pic shows the other mod. and so on.
This week im starting on the passenger door hine and windshield area.

Attachments

• flr pan 029.jpg
    flr pan 029.jpg
    987.3 KB · Views: 306
  • flr pan 032.jpg
    flr pan 032.jpg
    961.9 KB · Views: 268
  • flr pan 036.jpg
    flr pan 036.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 271
  • flr pan 042.jpg
    flr pan 042.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 269
  • flr pan 038.jpg
    flr pan 038.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 282
  • rust repair 031.jpg
    rust repair 031.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 263
  • rust repair 023.jpg
    rust repair 023.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 258
  • rust repair 027.jpg
    rust repair 027.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 266
  • rust repair 037.jpg
    rust repair 037.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 257
Hey if you don't mind me asking where did you find that full pan and how much was it. I'm in need of some front pans but replacing the whole thing has got me thinking differently now.

Hey if you don't mind me asking where did you find that full pan and how much was it. I'm in need of some front pans but replacing the whole thing has got me thinking differently now.

The full pan came from Classic to Current fabrication and it was $315.00 plus shipping of $125.00. I too wanted to change the sections, but decided to do the whole thing. It is much better in my opinion.

Was the replacement pan cut like the factory? What I mean is did you just cut all the spot welds around the factory pan and drop the replacement one in it's place.

Was the replacement pan cut like the factory? What I mean is did you just cut all the spot welds around the factory pan and drop the replacement one in it's place.

Everything but the back tunnel fit like a glove. All seams line up perfect and the only mod is like the vendor states on their add for this pan, that the back needs to be modified to fit. I bought it and am very pleased with the product. The brace in the center even fit perfect in its original place.

heres a link http://c2cfabrication.com/store/index.php