My son's a gear head!

BuickMike

Money pit
My son is only 16 months old, but cannot get enough of anything that runs. It doesn't matter if it's the car, bike, or lawnmower. Once a week I harness him to me and putt around the neighborhood with him on my ATC. He just giggles and waves and claps. He loves to stand on the seat of a car and pretend he's driving. Last weekend he was in the GN and I decided to uncork the exhaust and fire it up to get his reaction. I'm glad I had the camera ready because he got this big grin. :biggrin: Check out the pic. I couldn't be any prouder!

Attachments

• TommyGN.jpg
    TommyGN.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 184
You need to lower the pillar pod so he doesn't have to stand up to see it! Shssh some pepole. Cute kid cheerish each and every moment. Trust me before you realize it he will be all growed up!

BuickMike said:
I'm glad I had the camera ready because he got this big grin. :biggrin: Check out the pic. I couldn't be any prouder!

Mike, your son Looks just like ya man! good looking boy! you should be proud!

my 16 month old is a car guy too! I didn't push it on him either - he picks out cars all the time...drives them around...turns over his lawnmower, car, etc... to get to teh underside so he can use his tools on them. He also loves to drive the GN or shift the BMW. Its wild how much they learn from just watching! Here he is going from wheel to wheel checking the air.

Attachments

• 444444.jpg
    444444.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 143
madhat said:
my 16 month old is a car guy too! I didn't push it on him either - he picks out cars all the time...drives them around...turns over his lawnmower, car, etc... to get to teh underside so he can use his tools on them. He also loves to drive the GN or shift the BMW. Its wild how much they learn from just watching! Here he is going from wheel to wheel checking the air.

Very cool. My son sounds alot like yours. I never pushed anything on him, but he loves cars. He also flips everything he has with wheels upside down to see how it works.

My buddy Jason (TSM racer) has a 3 year old son like that. We were at the race track and some pretty loud cars started doing their burnouts. The kid starts crying so I think he is scared right? Nope, he was mad because there were people standing up a few rows down and he couldn't see. :D

BuickMike said:
My son is only 16 months old, but cannot get enough of anything that runs. It doesn't matter if it's the car, bike, or lawnmower. Once a week I harness him to me and putt around the neighborhood with him on my ATC. He just giggles and waves and claps. He loves to stand on the seat of a car and pretend he's driving. Last weekend he was in the GN and I decided to uncork the exhaust and fire it up to get his reaction. I'm glad I had the camera ready because he got this big grin. :biggrin: Check out the pic. I couldn't be any prouder!
looks like he is still teething..knawing on steering wheels is not the way to go :biggrin:

tommynos said:
looks like he is still teething..knawing on steering wheels is not the way to go :biggrin:

LOL! The previous owner must have had a nervous habit of digging into the steering wheel.