My stage 2 motor is Done

What a SICK looking intake. You will freak a lot of people out when you open the hood on that bad boy. Have the ATR TT headers been modified in the picture?

John, I gotta see if the hood will close 1st . Its actually very close to the height of the stock intake and plenum, but it sits farther ahead . The headers aren't modified, I just put 2 bolts loosly in there to get a pic because I'm looking to trade them for a set of single headers and my page only allows 1 pic.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
John, I gotta see if the hood will close 1st . Its actually very close to the height of the stock intake and plenum, but it sits farther ahead . The headers aren't modified, I just put 2 bolts loosly in there to get a pic because I'm looking to trade them for a set of single headers and my page only allows 1 pic.
I was going to ask about hood clearance. Mine has a modified carb intake with a Precision 90MM throttle body and the IAC clears the hood by about an inch (maybe less). And people ask why I have solid motor mounts... :cool:

LOL Art, Bobby toldme to turn the TB and mount the IAC on the side if itwill make the difference. Art, are you still using the hood liner??

Good to see the intake on a motor again. I believe that I had a three inch cowl and it cleared. Good luck with everything.

Sarge

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
LOL Art, Bobby toldme to turn the TB and mount the IAC on the side if itwill make the difference. Art, are you still using the hood liner??
Nope, it's gone. Just takes up room, holds in heat and adds weight to an already overweight car and driver,

When I'm at RPE I need to ask Bobby more often what other Buick engines he has there. I completely missed your motor.

I assume it’s new, built from scratch by Bobby vs. just being refreshed like mine?

Spoke to him earlier this week. Found the problem with my low oil pressure. The gear in the oil pump is too small for the motor (Damn!) Now I have to get a new center section for the pump, another $250 down the drain! Also, I had debated pulling the motor because of the pressure loss thinking, “it was only running when it lost oil pressure for a few seconds”…. Good thing I did, bearings were really worn from idling with no pressure but no damage had been done to any hard parts and everything can be reused. Must have been at low oil pressure without me noticing it for longer than I had thought. Just new bearings, check hard parts and put it back together.

Sarge, your telling me. Its been almost a year and a half in the making. Good to hear from you again!

Art, good thing you caught it in time. You saw my motor, it was there for over a year while I was chasingdown parts . It was a Bush N motor bobby totally rebuilt.

Cool! When I was there I never made it past the garage doors. I backed the car in, we pulled the motor out with the hoist, put it on a rolling table, BS'd for about 15 minutes and I was out of there. Need to look around a little more when I pick the motor up (hopefully soon)...

BTW, I can’t turn my IAC around. I don’t think I have the clearance to turn it 180. Might take a closer look when I’m putting it back in the car. Having the throttle cable on top of the TB also doesn’t leave too much room. You’re motor should scream with the setup you have. Planning on 8’s?

Art.

Maybe 8's capeable, but i need to put the car on a diet. I don't know if I want to do 8's in a stock chassis, but it looks like others are having no problems. I just wanna get in the 9's before I think about 8's though. :D

Scott,

Your motor looks wonderful.
Regarding your headers, why not just make a foward facing
cross over???

Sarge,

What is up with your car???

Art,

You are the man.

I also have VERY limited clearence on my mod'd 4bbl intake, but I run the IAC on my 90mm Accubab underneath... I'm using custom solid moter mts too. I also use 110 deg PTE elbow. I'm only running 3" I/c piping right now because of hood clearence issues. I'm trying to figure something out that will allow me to use 4" and not look well, you know, GHETTO.

Oh well, Scott, It would look pretty mean if a little bit of that TB and sheet metal intake were protruding out front of the hood scoop. :) "Uh... It's mostly stock under the hood, yeah..."

Originally posted by John Wilde
Scott,

Your motor looks wonderful.
Regarding your headers, why not just make a foward facing
cross over???

Sarge,

What is up with your car???

Art,

You are the man.
Humm, forward facing headers, what a wonderful ideal... :)

Me the man... you bring a tear to my eye John..

GNSCOTT, looks good. I have been looking at the same picture(kinda) for a while now myself. Hoping the car will be back from the chassis shop for the frame notching and the new moly cage, then getting a fiberglass diet and on to the painter. Man, if I make it to Norwalk, I will be lucky if I have made a pass in the car before that date let alone dialed in. I'll have to snatch a picture of my motor done.

Time is flying.

Originally posted by StageII86
I also have VERY limited clearence on my mod'd 4bbl intake, but I run the IAC on my 90mm Accubab underneath... I'm using custom solid moter mts too. I also use 110 deg PTE elbow. I'm only running 3" I/c piping right now because of hood clearence issues. I'm trying to figure something out that will allow me to use 4" and not look well, you know, GHETTO.
Hey John,

Got any pictures with it facing down and slightly back? I too run 3" pipes, love to fit 4” ones. I'd be very interested in seeing a picture of the IAC facing down.

If you have them, email it to art.paltz@r2k.com.

Thanks,

Art, I will try to get my friend Nick to email you some. I'd go shoot some right now, but I'm at school in Lubbock and my car is 400mi. away in Dallas. I'm pretty sure my friend Nick has a bunch of pictures of my car saved on a cd somewhere. If not, I will be back home on the 13th or 14th and will take some. I've also been meaning to start a netsnapshot or yahoo photo site with my cars on it anyway.

Thanks for the kind replies guys. My original plan was to do a rams head crossover and still mount the turbo close to the stock location, but now I have taken into the consideration of the cost of the actual rams head, the cost of custom IC pipes, and te added pain in the butt downpipe. I still haven't deceided if i'm gingwith a 4" DP, or try to use a TH 3-1/2. My friend that welds has taken on too much work, and i don't want to add to it. It sux because he would do the job for a couple cases of beer. If I can't find non ATR singles, I just might stick with what I have and do the rams head, or break down and just get the ATR singles. $1000 is a very attractive price.

I really don't want a cowl hood, but I may be forced to, like Sarge said, it came off his car w/ a 3" cowl. We measured it and I know it would fit if it was sitting in the stock location, but the intake leans foreward.I wish I could post the side pic, but I can't figure out how to get more than 1 pic on my page.