My TSM project. Progress pics.

It runs! I will make BG this year:biggrin:

Special thanks to Lonnie Diers for getting the Gen7 working good and a kickass engine and trans:cool:

I'll get final some pics after I clean everything up.

Awesome:smile: !!! Good luck at bowling green. I am going to try to take at peep under the hood of that car. I want to see where you mounted the remote oil filter.

Awesome:smile: !!! Good luck at bowling green. I am going to try to take at peep under the hood of that car. I want to see where you mounted the remote oil filter.

Thanks!
I put over 50 miles on the car tonight. I have it set at 15 degrees of timing and very little boost. It aready feels faster than my old setup that went 11.1@120:biggrin: :biggrin: I need to take some more pics tomarrow.

Thanks!
I put over 50 miles on the car tonight. I have it set at 15 degrees of timing and very little boost. It aready feels faster than my old setup that went 11.1@120:biggrin: :biggrin: I need to take some more pics tomarrow.

Cool deal that you got some mileage on the car today. My motor is stabbed and I lack about 2 hours of connecting things up and firing it up. I will be in BG Wednesday evening. Shoot me your number via PM and I will give you hollar so we can grab a bite.

John Martin

Got the car running last Saturday then drove it a few miles on Monday.

Headed for Bowling Green on Thursday.

To brake the car in, we unloaded the car 60 miles out. I drove it on the highway to BG for about an hour or so. No problems at all.

First pass the car went 13.1 @ 119. Could not build any boost up off the line.

Second pass was 12.7 @ 122. Same problem.

I borrowed a looser torque converter from Lonnie and put it in with help from Tom Robison in 1 hour!

Next pass it went 11.1 @ 125. Getting there!

Made some adjustments on the Gen7 DFI.....10.5 @ 130. Next pass had a better 60'......

60' 1.551
1/8 mile 6.575
mph 106.84

1/4 mile 10.285
mph 132.37

I have alot of bugs to workout still. The car has more potential. For it's first trip out, I am very happy. My goal was to get the car into the low 10's by the end of the year, and I already did that:biggrin:
I got knocked out of TSM in round 2 by Jason White. Looked like both cars had some issues hooking up that run. My wb02 sensor wacked out on me in 3rd gear. It showed a 18.1 mixture so the Gen7 started to add a ton of fuel and killed the engine's power.

Nice to finnally meet some of you from here! Brent, Sam, Jason, Scott, Phil and a ton of others. Cann't wait till the next one at Norwalk or C-bus:cool:

Kevin it was nice to meet you. It was a pretty busy weekend for ya huh. You must be pretty excited about the future potential in that car.

I bet you already have that mega loose converter back out of the car. You should have heard your car running that 10 second pass from the stands. It was obvious the converter was loose. Will be interesting to see how fast you go after you get your converter situation straightened out. I am pretty sure that thing is going to faster with a little tighter converter in it.

Thanks for letting me look under the hood. I’ll be running a DLS oil pump assembly on the engine I am putting together right now. I was looking for Ideas on where to mount the oil filter.

Hey Kevin,

It was nice meeting you also, check out the vid. section. I have some of your runs on there. ;) Have a good weekend.

Thanks guys! Nice meeting you too.

I went to the local track tonight to get a few runs in. Didn't even get one run in:mad: During the burnout for the first run.....the line lock froze! Could not get the front brakes unlocked. Had to jack the front of the car up and push it out of the water box. Talking about embarassing:mad:

Kevin I almost went to Edgewater yesterday too..I've been doing a ton of stuff around the house getting ready to sell it..
Man that sucks about the line lock ..
We got to meat up one weekend for a beer or something :D ..Car looks very nice...Eric

Kevin I almost went to Edgewater yesterday too..I've been doing a ton of stuff around the house getting ready to sell it..
Man that sucks about the line lock ..
We got to meat up one weekend for a beer or something :D ..Car looks very nice...Eric

Sounds good. I will be at Edgewater again Friday;)

And once Kevin turns the boost up past 19, you'll see some real flying. Of course he can only go another 5 pounds under TSM rules. :D

And once Kevin turns the boost up past 19, you'll see some real flying. Of course he can only go another 5 pounds under TSM rules. :D

I'm just not ready for man boost yet;)

Sorry guys for no updated photos...I lost the special usb cord to my camera:mad:

I think this will be a good final pic for this thread;)

norwalk1.jpg

thanks Artie for the pic

nice pic kevin:cool: ...........on another note, what kind of cars are u looking for at Tristate on the 14th of July. Mine isnt worthy of TSM..LOL...i will be in the 12's though. im still running stock motor and turbo. a lot of bolt on stuff though.

Thanks guys!

We are looking for any cars. Your 12 second car will be more than welcome. There will be 14 and 15 second cars even.