You can type here any text you want

My we4 won't start

• Thread starter Thread starter t-hill87we4
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
T

t-hill87we4

What I did:
Bought Thrasher 92 chip w/anti-theft, wasn't thinking about what I was doing, and disconnected connectors to ecm before disconnecting neg. battery lead. After replacing everything, car won't start, just cranks. Same symptoms with stock chip also.

What I've done since:
Checked to ensure that ecm was getting 12v from battery on C16, swapped back to stock chip, can't tell whether fuel pump is running or not (will bleed fuel pressure and see if trying to start car will re-pressurize the system in the morning. It's too late now). Haven't checked for spark yet either. All fuses are good (at least on fuse block. any ecm related fuses elsewhere?)

Have I toasted my ecm, or is there something I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Check the orange ECM fuse (stand alone holder) near the battery.

Check the fuses in the fuse box also. ECM/IGN 10 amp. fuse.

More than 1 for the ECM. :)

Last time I had a Thrasher chip, it wouldn't start sometimes. I had to run through the sequence several times before it would take.

Dumb question: Are you performing the startup sequence correctly? Does the chip command the A/C or the gear shift?

update:

All fuses good, lost the sheet that came with the thrasher, so don't exactly remember the sequence, but if I put the stock chip back in, that shouldn't be an issue, right? The ecm is getting power (12v) on lead c16 (orange wire). If it's the ecm, where are the best places to get one (oem, or refurbished)? Kinda need the car back in commission no later than 23 oct. Thanks for any assistance.

another update:

Have power on A6 with ign in "on" position, and also don't have any fuel pressure at all. Again, all fuses are good, and haven't done anything except unhook and re-connect ecm connectors like i described in my first post. Thinking more and more, that it's ecm related, but want to make sure. Thanks again for any help provided.

Pin A dark green and white stripe wire on the fuel pump relay is hot when you first turn the key on to prime it for 3 seconds or so.

Measure for +12 there during priming.

Pin D is a pink black stripe wire off the FP/INJ fuse (check that fuse) and should be hot in RUN, or Start key positions.

Output to the pump is the Gray wire.

You can go right to the battery with this wire (key off) and see if the pump runs.

If you are hotwired check the fuse for that kit.

Back