You can type here any text you want

My Winter Project

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
What is up with the seafoam green torque converter? I have one that came with my trans. I know its a D5 but that is it. No one had any info when I asked about mine.

Ok thanks

I forgot about looking at the can until now. :o I used Plasti-Kote cast aluminum. I used that VHT 2000 degree stuff on my headers and downpipe. They actually look the same color side by side.

Rob

What is up with the seafoam green torque converter? I have one that came with my trans. I know its a D5 but that is it. No one had any info when I asked about mine.

I always wondered that too. My trans builder put it in when he rebuilt the trans.

its a factory 2600 stall rebuilt converter that is the factory d5 converter. they are had cheap mine was 97.00. and worked fine for me.

IT'S ALIVE! :D :D

I think I need to get rid of the brass T in the hydroboost/ power steering setup and install another nipple on the reservoir. My brake pedal seems to "drag" after releasing the brakes. Also, my downpipe has a leak where it meets the turbo. According to a few threads, it's a common problem with the downpipe I have. :frown: I haven't been able to drive it yet, it's mud city around here.

Picture775.jpg

congrats man. please keep us posted and let us know when you get it on the road.

Well, I’ve got 430 miles on it and it runs great. It kept wanting to build too much boost but I realized that my boost controller was in backwards. :o I currently have it running a 17 psi and I can’t believe how hard it pulls compared to the other motor. My new problem is wheel hop.

Replace your rear control arm bushings, or just get boxed lower control arms. I installed Hotckis lowers on my Gn and left the uppers alone my wheel hop is gone. I also installed a hotckis rear sway bar at that time. Big difference with the upgrades.

Back