NA LS swap

baby6

One Fast Buick
Just throwing this out there.....

My friend and I have made an agreement to build a car, that kicks ass.

With that being said, here are my thoughts -

NA LS swap, I have read about many building turbo 5.3s, but I dont think that will happen. Neither him or I have the time or the money to fabricate, and build a turbo 5.3 at this time....so I was thinking about doing an NA ls build, with a manual transmission.

Couple questions for you guys-

What motor should I use? I would probably end up running this motor simple - carb, cam, headers, heads and exhaust. I would like to pull a motor out of the junkyard, preferrably a 6.0...but which one? Lets steer away from aluminum blocks.

What transmission would you recommend? I would plan on this car making about 500 to the wheels, and dont want to destroy the transmission. I have seen the T56 mentioned, would this be a good candidate? Are they plentiful?

What rear end? Really would like to steer away from a multiple thousand dollar rear end.

Most important- what would you put it in? This is my first step towards research, its 2AM and thought I'd post here. I just went to BRP Hot Rods website and saw they have a complete swap kit, for mounts and crossmember, etc....so thats a start.