You can type here any text you want

Napa Radiator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vin1489

Anyone using a Napa Radiator in their GN? Got a price from them today $170 but it's a special order. Not sure if it's a piece of crap or not??:biggrin:

The napa f-body aluminum radiator should be about 75bucks, maybe 85bucks if you know someone who works there. Thats what we have been paying for a few years.

Unless the price went up.

I have that radiator on 5 of my 87 turbo regals, it works great even with a front mount.

BW

Retail is 125-150, special buddy cost is 80-100, I cant remember off the top of my head........... Bryan, you always got the special buddy deal, lol:D

The napa f-body aluminum radiator should be about 75bucks, maybe 85bucks if you know someone who works there. Thats what we have been paying for a few years.

Unless the price went up.

I have that radiator on 5 of my 87 turbo regals, it works great even with a front mount.

BW

what year f-body cars do u use or r they all the same?
what did u do with the oil cooler lines?

Just ask for a radiator for a 89-91 f-body Camaro (Iroc) thats the f-body radiator some people are using. As far as the oil cooler goes, you can either disconnect it and leave it off all together or opt for an aftermarket front mount oil cooler.

cool thanx! would i be hurting anything by removing the oil cooler?

You will get a debate here on that question, some guys say to remove it and it doesn't matter much, others will say you need it, so take your pick or wait for others to chime in.

Anyone using a Napa Radiator in their GN? Got a price from them today $170 but it's a special order. Not sure if it's a piece of crap or not??:biggrin:

You can get an f-body radiator from Autozone also. Part #433918 I think it's like $117.99.

huh, im lookin at these things and they all seem to be 1 row, 1" thick as far as i can tell. is that enough to cool an engine? is aluminum that much better?

huh, im lookin at these things and they all seem to be 1 row, 1" thick as far as i can tell. is that enough to cool an engine? is aluminum that much better?

Yes it is, alot of guys are using that radiator and even say it runs cooler than a stock buick radiator.

Napas part number is 951 i think.

Do a search and U can read all the good results we have been getting with these radiators. Light weight on top of a huge temperature decrease--clearly the best of both worlds.

Do a search and U can read all the good results we have been getting with these radiators. Light weight on top of a huge temperature decrease--clearly the best of both worlds.

Yes, Napas number for their modine 1" thick radiator is 951.

I deleted my oil cooler on my daily driver, but wished i had installed a oil cooler. There are some real nice oil coolers at summit, since its a low pressure hose, they are very flexible and slip on connectors.

If you had a hyd shop near, i know parker sells those fittings to DIY if you just purchased a oil cooler and no kit from summit.

HTH

BW :)

i was wondering about the oil cooler line and if it was pressurized. so if its low pressure can i use hoses and clamps like a tranny cooler kit?

I like the idea of the cheap, very efficient radiator swap.....but has anyone seen or thought of the plastic end caps busting and spewing coolant all over the track at say like 100+ mph under boost when you blow a head gasket???

Just a concern that you really don't have with a completely metal radiator. (which are all expensive)

Back