You can type here any text you want

NASCAR stageII for sale

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
tnttimber said:
It seems to me that one of you turbo guys could swap the pistons for a set of reverse domes, match the weight of the domed pistons and be good to go. What type of heads do you use? I was surprised by the short stroke crank (a little dissapointed) when I pulled the pan but very pleased with the quality and condition of the components.
Switching to wet sump oiling seems easy, but Ill have to take your word on that due to my limited knowledge. Ill take some pics :)

The big hassle with simply swapping pistons is that they don't make pistons for a 4.00" bore Buick V6 off the shelf so you are looking at custom forging... about $600. If you bought the complete motor for $4k you'd need to spend about $600 on pistons, $1000 on a hydrallic roller cam kit, $800 if you are lucky for a wet sump pan and pump setup, and atleast $500 getting your Stage II carbed manifold to EFI. That plus all machining, balancing work needed to make it work properly and if you ditch the decked SII heads and go for a set of Champions, TA's, or even a set of ported irons, its another $1500 or so for all that setup. After all of that you still have a destroker motor. I think it would be fun to run in NA mode or put a Holley Projection TBI set up on and run it in an RX-7 or 240Z car.

Just some thoughts,

Thanks for the tip on posting pics, Im not having any luck though.
If someone wants pics I know how to E-mail them.

Nate,

I'd like to see pics of the engine. Please e-mail me some when you have a chance.

THX
Neal

tnttimber said:
Thanks for the tip on posting pics, Im not having any luck though.
If someone wants pics I know how to E-mail them.

Is this still for sale?

Depending on price I would be interested...

Pictures?

PM me please.

I'll sell you one for half that price.

Neal

speeder said:
Is this still for sale?

Depending on price I would be interested...

Pictures?

PM me please.

Back