NC area - Nov 12th meet

NCTyphoon

November's GM Turbo6 (GN/TR, SyTy,TTA) meet will be held Nov 12th at my house. It will be a "show up, shine up & Potluck dinner". One of our guys has graciuosly offered to deep fry a turkey, so just bring a side or desert. Anyone wanting to detail their ride, water hose / soap will be available, just bring your polish and rags.Any small projects you may want to work on also.We should have ample elbow grease on hand.If you have not already signed up for our Yahoo forum, sign up, details are listed there(see previous post for NC area owners) or don't wish to add yet another mail list to your account, but want to join in, email or PM me for info and directions. We are having monthly meets at different areas of the state so all folks have a chance to join in and meet other owners.

Cheryl,
Looks like I will be able to make it! See you on the 12th...hopefully driving my GN. If not, will be in my white 2000 Lightning. Guess I could pull 2 plug wires off and pretend the supercharger is a turbocharger.
Conrad

Conrad,
I saw that you were having some problems with the GN. Maybe you can get it back running by then, glad you'll be able to come out.

Hey Cheryl,
can't promise I will make it but I will try - job still unpredictalbe as ever...

See ya then. Sam, Check my other posts for the car in Thomasville, need some info for yje car up the street from you

Sarah will be making mashed taters and I'll buy a pepsi.

Maybe I should get RC cola instead. :)

benoitthegr8 said:
Stupid question, where in NC are you located at?
Trinity , between High Point & Thomasville, Let me know if you would like to come to the meet, I'll send you directions, or you should go to our NC GN/TR/SyTy yahoo group, GM_Turbo6 & join up! :cool:

About how many people are coming to the event? Need to know how many taters I'll be peelin' come saturday mornin'.

Just bring a regular caserole bowl full, should be enough with the other dishes. I'll have to count up who I have confirmed, plenty of not sure's

thanks for the invite

Thanks for the invite Cheryl to your get together. I will have to pass unfortunately due to my work schedule. I really wanted to attend so I could meet all of you. Everyone is so nice and helpful! I really appreciate all of the great hospitality. I cannot wait to meet you all in person. Hopefully soon.
Thanks again
Jason
'92 LX convertible
'86 GT

tarheel13 said:
Thanks for the invite Cheryl to your get together. I will have to pass unfortunately due to my work schedule. I really wanted to attend so I could meet all of you. Everyone is so nice and helpful! I really appreciate all of the great hospitality. I cannot wait to meet you all in person. Hopefully soon.
Thanks again
Jason
'92 LX convertible
'86 GT

No problem Jason, we will probably meet again about the same time next month with some sort of Christmas theme. And also sometime between April 1st and 15th will be the spring assault on Myrtle Beach (mark your calender and save your pennies, and practice some miniature golf so we can shut up Clint) :D

cannot wait

cannot wait until the next meet.MB sounds like fun.just one question, will you all let me go to mb w/ my stang if santa does not bring me a GN.lol.

tarheel13 said:
cannot wait until the next meet.MB sounds like fun.just one question, will you all let me go to mb w/ my stang if santa does not bring me a GN.lol.

Well, I don't want to say you can't, however I would suggest though at least put a "3.8 SFI Turbo" emblem somewhere on the car (clint may freak out a little bit) :biggrin: Worse comes to worse you can probably hitch a ride with someone, where in NC are you?

I am from Asheboro

How bout if i leave the reg. radials on my car. It wont go anywhere if I kick it then. Besides, the best it would run on DR's on a perfect day would only be around 7:40's and that would be it. Probably It would only run around 7:75's tuned down like it is now. lol. Would love to ride down with someone with a GN if I cannot get my own!lol
Thanks,
Jason

Jason you are about right in the middle of most of us. Cheryl, Pat and Clint are in the greensboro area and myself, Sharif, james and Gary are in Raleigh/Durham so if you want to hitch a ride that shouldn't be a problem. Still plenty of time between now and April, so we'll figure something out.