You can type here any text you want

need a 83 turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

westonleopard

i need a good working turbo for my 83 regal t type any one have one or know where i can find one thanks.

Since you trashed yours you can rebuild it easily enough. Have you taken it apart to see what happened yet?

i know the seals are gone because i was getting alot of smoke and now that i have it off the propeller will wiggle back and forth up and down and i dont know much about turbos i was a jeep guy for the longest time and i bought this car for 1500 dollars and its in perfect condition 84k new black paint all of that good stuff just needea turbo

Turbos really have a mysterious rap and it's just not true. They're very simple to rebuild. Mark everything as to where it is position wise and then you can take it apart.

i found a turbo that came off 81 trans am it has the 301 or what not but i didnt know if it would bolt on or not it looks the same just not a air research

Sent you a PM with a lnk. Read all the add and you should notice that it has a few extra parts and a freeby to help you do the work.

i found a turbo that came off 81 trans am it has the 301 or what not but i didnt know if it would bolt on or not it looks the same just not a air research

Please click on the second link at the bottom of my sig. If the 301 turbo is a good price get it but it's not a direct bolt on. Seriously, click on the second link in my sig so you can see the differences. The 301 turbo is bigger and has to be adapted to work on the V6 engine. It can be done. That's what the second link in my sig is all about. It will show you the info about 3 different turbos and how to either repair yours or make modifications to the 301 unit so it will work on your car.

charlie if you know a place where the rebuild kits are cheep let me know; everyone i have seen they want $90 and up for the stuff. no one has the blades thats some of the issues im having with my 301. i have extra turbos sitting around but i dont want to pay a arm and leg for the rebuild kits. help me out if you can guys. weston leopard tell me how it all works out; i want to find out how much its going to cost for my own well being.

sorry for the extra but sence the b4black guy is here do you know anywhere that makes a new wastegate for the drawthru system.

Which part of the wastegate are you needing Mat? There are several different parts of the wastegate: the actuator with the adjustable rod?, or the housing with the puck and the lever?

Yep you said it WestonLeopard.
The rebuild kit does not come with the turbine wheel/shaft or compressor wheel.

here is what the wastegate looks like. i need the whole wastegate.

Attachments

• SDC10373.jpg
    SDC10373.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 134
  • SDC10374.jpg
    SDC10374.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 155
Alright Mat You need the actuator and rod. That's what it's called.
Originals are hard to find, I'm quite sure that you cannot buy one new they are application specific.
I used the actuator and rod from a first gen Mitsubishi eclipse to replace mine when it blew.

The thing the vac line goes to is the actuator, not the waste gate. The waste gate is where the exhaust down pipe hooks up.

Back