You can type here any text you want

need a good ignition module

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
81 and up should do it. I'm sure someone (freddy, rich, aj) got a pile of n/a distributors they could take one off of, right;) I would prefer KNOWN GOOD original GM if possible. Its for a friend that doesn't have a whole ton of money to buy a new one. Trying to help him out.

4, 5 or 7 pin.

they all had either.

I have lots of 4 and 7 pins...... a 5 pin will cost ya.... there getting rare.

A.j.

4, 5 or 7 pin.

they all had either.

I have lots of 4 and 7 pins...... a 5 pin will cost ya.... there getting rare.

A.j.

Oh really? I thought they were all the same. I called the auto parts store and they said its a 7 pin. Would anything else cause a no start and still have spark? I didn't see any bad wires in the distributor and it is getting power and I'm getting a good jump on spark.

Oh really? I thought they were all the same. I called the auto parts store and they said its a 7 pin. Would anything else cause a no start and still have spark? I didn't see any bad wires in the distributor and it is getting power and I'm getting a good jump on spark.

if your getting a good spark I doubt its the module, have you confirmed the timing location? fuel? firing oder?

A.j.

Firing order is now right, that was off in the beginning. New plugs afterward. Has fuel. It's an orange spark though, I thought it should be a bright blue:confused: I had this problem on a camaro of mine once. It ended up being the module. It's either that or the pickup. I want to try the module first, easier to swap. I've already swapped the ignition coil with a spare I took off my 82 motor, no change. I just don't want him to spend 30 bucks he doesn't have and find out that wasn't it.

Firing order is now right, that was off in the beginning. New plugs afterward. Has fuel. It's an orange spark though, I thought it should be a bright blue:confused: I had this problem on a camaro of mine once. It ended up being the module. It's either that or the pickup. I want to try the module first, easier to swap. I've already swapped the ignition coil with a spare I took off my 82 motor, no change. I just don't want him to spend 30 bucks he doesn't have and find out that wasn't it.

okie dokie, I can get a 7 pin out to you quickly.

PM me yer addy.

A.j.

PM sent. Thanks! If it doesn't fix the problem I'll send it back

nah.... no worrys, 4 and 7's are dime a dozen.

its that 5 pin for the ESC thats getting hard to find.

keep that in mind for the rest of you Gentlemen, if you have plans on going with the factory ESC, stock atleast 2 if not 3 modules while you can.

A.j.

Sorry Jesse. I checked what I've got and only have 1 extra 7 pin and I need it for the car. Glad to see Aj could help ya though.

I figured someone here would have one lying around. I used to have some of the n/a 3.8 stuff but a lot of the stuff went into the trash. THe one distributor I had suffered a mice attack so I pulled the cap and tossed the rest, plus I had to beat it out of the engine with a BFH and cracked it in half. Luckily the timing cover survived the attack so I could use it on my 82 motor;)

Back