You can type here any text you want

Need a new Tranny...whos the best?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87NAT

In Between GN's
My tranny is on its last leg..the 1-2 shift is almost nonexsistent. I have looked at a few vendors who will ship a new tranny to me. Please give me some feedback on personal experience as to who out there is fair and honest and will make my tranny last with 450 HP.

Thanks.

I don't think that anyone can argue that the supporting vendors here aren't fair and honest. I have personal experience with Lonnie from Extreme Automatics. Very fair. Great person to deal with.

I was in the same position as you, if you dont want to spend a LOAD of money go with Brian, He does QUALITY transs for a great price. his name on here is Brian.....check him out, alot of people on here have got a trans from him and are very happy. I know I am.

All the people mentioned I believe are great trans builders. If you want someone semi-local to you that I think does decent work and real familiar with Turbo Buicks.... it is Mike Kurtz at Century Trans.... I think they are in Houston....You could drive there and get a tranny... and save the shipping....

I purchased my tranny from Chris @ CK. Great guy to deal with. I also have several friends who use Lonnie Diers and swear by him.

Thanks for all of the input. I just dont want any trouble when I bolt that new tranny up.

A local shop rebuilt a tranny for my 87 t-limited back in 1996 and forgot to put a filter in it. Needless to say i spent many hours troubleshooting the issue...never thought to take off the pan. I mean, Who forgets to put a filter?? So I want to steer clear of my local shops a put a tranny in that is recommended by all of my fellow forum users.

By the way, who is this Brian guy. Whats the name of his shop.. a phone number or website would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

His screenname is Brian. You can just email him at hipsibri@cs.com

I have read many posts of people very happy with one of his transmissions. You won't go wrong.

Great Guy Great Customer service and Super Trans Builder!

GNguy said:
I was in the same position as you, if you dont want to spend a LOAD of money go with Brian, He does QUALITY transs for a great price. his name on here is Brian.....check him out, alot of people on here have got a trans from him and are very happy. I know I am.
Three Thumbs up for Brian :)

Back