You can type here any text you want

Need advice fuel pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jason walker

New to tuning my GN . Car has 43lbs injectors and I installed a fuel pressure gauge today and @ idle it said 35 lbs do I set my fuel @ 43lbs @ idle or more or less any advice would be helpful !!

kidglok said:
did u disconnect the vacuum hose when you checked it? if not do so and it should be close to 43 with it off.

I did not are you talking about the vacuum on the fuel pressure regulator or something else ?

Yes the vacuum on the regulator, we normally adjust fuel pressure with the vac line OFF and the engine running. And 43 is the normal adjusting point. The vac line provides BOOST/VAC reference to adjust the fuel pressure for light load driving or high load conditions, it will lower the pressure 8# at idle and under boost it should raise 1 to 1 for however much boost you run. If your base setting is 43# you will have 35ish at idle and 60# at wot with 17# boost. 43-8=35. 43+17=60.

fastblackracing said:
Yes the vacuum on the regulator, we normally adjust fuel pressure with the vac line OFF and the engine running. And 43 is the normal adjusting point. The vac line provides BOOST/VAC reference to adjust the fuel pressure for light load driving or high load conditions, it will lower the pressure 8# at idle and under boost it should raise 1 to 1 for however much boost you run. If your base setting is 43# you will have 35ish at idle and 60# at wot with 17# boost. 43-8=35. 43+17=60.

Thanks will correct in morning when I increased and set fuel pressure @ idle to about 40 and test drove car really came to life ran like it actually should so I thought I was helping . Is it better to run a little high or not recommended

Hope you have some type of tuning device. o2 numbers will let you know how much to safely increase or decrease fp. Do the search on fuel pressure ,boost lots of info there.

Back