You can type here any text you want

Need advice........

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rmar

Yo Baby Daddy
All factory concert sound. Need I say moore.......:eek::eek:

I don't know if I can take much more of it.

Ideals??????????? anyone

I am not a stereo guy. I am looking for something that will plug n play
with the factory connections or adapt to the factory connections.
Same dimensions ect......

The above link, that stereo is 1.5 DIN, which is what your looking for.
As far as plugNPlay, you atleast need the adaptor harness for the new stereo, cheap at most autoparts stores or walmart. It makes the wire up easy, color coded then it becomes plug n play. The 1.5 units uses your factory brackets from you stock stereo and then it's screw in, that's it.

If you speakers are just to old then you can get new 3.5 for the dash, 4x10s in the rear, should cost to much and I would go with Ebay, cheap but good speakers. You can get 6x9s in the rear but need the 4x10 to 6x9 adaptors.

I have purchased several stereos in my day but never a $60 one...
Are they any good? I am not looking to rock the house but I will put a good unit in it. Right now I am looking but you got the right idea.

Comon man, go all Alpine den unit, Bose/Boston Acustics Mid Range and tweets, Fozgate Amps and a couple 12" Subs or bazooka tube.

Relive the 80s brotha. Little Cinderella, Def Leppard, Boston, grow a mullet, grow some weed:eek: what the hell:biggrin:

If you can find a Monsoon GM head unit out of a 2000 F-body it will bolt up with minor mods and connect with only an adapter off of Ebay 12 Pin to 21 PIN harness.

I've got $60 total in mine

I've always like the sound/performance of the Pioneer unit that is a direct fit for the large Chrysler/GM openings. It fits in perfectly. I cant stand all those plastic adapters that you have to get for smaller head units. Check it out.

I like my jensen 200watt Cm715k 1.5 din :cool: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005T3YP/gemotrack1-20/ref=nosim

That stereo I posted above, I was gonna get it but bought the jensen off a buddy for 20$ new in box(90's new) haha

I forgot about the Fbody/s10/1500GM/ cd player swap out.

Buy the adaptor from Kirban's 1984 1985 1986 1987 Buick Regal Grand National Turbo T T-Type GNX RADIO PLUG-IN HARNESS KIT 12 PIN to 21 PIN #7065

and find a radio like this

2001 CHEVY S10 BLAZER STOCK AM/FM RADIO/CD PLAYER: eBay Motors (item 260655076683 end time Aug-30-10 19:54:18 PDT)

That's that.

Whatever you pick, anything is better then old 80 units, I loved my delco but My jensen(or any new stereo will) sound so much better. I installed aftermarket boss audio front&rear (4x10s) EVEN better sound! I'm gonna leave the bass to my 12'' sub wheni find a box for it.

ALSO, if you got to autoparts store or walmart. You will see a KENWOOD deck(1 din) and few others for 80$ or so, with all the bells and whistles. In others words, now a days cheaper doesn't always mean crap,they have to sell those products.

As far as speakers go, my Daytona has aftermarket Infinity Kappa speakers (6) and a factory Infinity CD player. I really like these speakers. My Charger has Pioneer speakers, and they sound like crap by comparison.

As far as speakers go, my Daytona has aftermarket Infinity Kappa speakers (6) and a factory Infinity CD player. I really like these speakers. My Charger has Pioneer speakers, and they sound like crap by comparison.

I love Kappas! I had them in my old setup and your ears would bleed before the speakers ever got to their full potential.

I'm looking to start a low-budget, blow your mind install thread w/pics, part #'s, and places to buy stuff.

You don't have to spend a ****-pot of money to have a great sounding car.

But 1st, what kind of music will you be listening to for the most part?
What is the max amount that you have budgeted for this?

you need speakers, end of story.
the stock speakers just sound terrible, and a head unit is not going to make them sound good.

get the 6x9 adapters for the rear deck.
5.25s in the door.
you can do a 3.5" in the dash, or just get tweeters for the highs.

crutchfield sells GM wiring adapters to even the speakers can be plug n play.

Id go with a kenwood high-powered CD receiver that has the System-E x-over to run a set of efficient components in the front (tweeters in the dash) and mids in the doors.

Just go with 4x10's in the rear, and a powered sub-tube and you'd be amazed how it sounds.

Back