Need F Body Swaybar info

BWAHitman

Senior Delegate
Gentelmen, I have been reading and many have said to use f body front and F body 37mm rear sway bars on my 87 GN. Does anybody know what year and what option I should look for to obtain the CORRECT bars ? I want to use these because they do not require alteration to fit ! Nobody has mentioned the application in thier communications.
Also do the rear seat braces realy stiffen up the sedans ? I also plan on installing the front frame braces. Thanks a lot.
Just saying, this site was very helpfull on my conversion to vacuum assist. My GN never stopped so good !!!!!!! Thanks everybody !

Charlie you shoulda took the full minute to post 20 links to answer his questions about the rear seat braces you ignored. Lol

Member since 2004 with only 10 postings his profile info says. WOW, maybe doesn't know about the search feature. lol

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks gentelmen. I will check out the threads. But what about seat braces ? I am not entirely computer literate. I bought my GN about 15 years ago. Have only put 2000mi on. Im looking to make it corner and stop better. I dont have much time to devote to the beast as I am a full time caretaker of my mentaly and physicaly handicap 30 year son. He takes up all my time. Thanks

I checked out the threads. The only clue i obtained was someone said 3rd generation ( what year is that ). and to use 34 or 36mm FRONT hollow swaybars. wont they flex more than my solid factory GN bars ? I still need to know what rear bar i need YEAR and option. Also what about seat braces ? a waste on a hardtop or will i feel a difference ? ThanksGentelmen Oh Ya , I dont have a lot of time to play on my PC. Sorry if my ignorance offended you.

3rd gen f-body's (Camaro & Firebird) are from '82 through '92. For the big front sway bar look mostly for cars such as Formula, Trans Am, Z28 & IROC's. Although, due to the age of the cars a big front sway bar could have been swapped on by a previous owner. So give them all a look-see.

The stock rear 3rd gen f-body sway bars are not a bolt on. Look for g-body's as many of those had a rear bar.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Best front bar was on Camaro with 1LE option. Don't remember year. It is hollow.
Conrad