Need help at Ft Hood Tx.

T

tc86gn

I know this is off the wall but... I have to go to Ft. Hood Tx. for 2 weeks (Still serving in the Army Reserve) to teach a class and since I don't have my crank yet, I have to drive the wifes 02 WS6 T/A.
Nobody makes a car cover for this thing because of the high level spoiler! I am hoping to find a garage or storage somewhere in the Ft Hood area where I could put this thing while I am there. The thought of it raining on it and then the sun coming out on our new black car gives me unremovable waterspot dreams. Any suggestions from people in that area would be appreciated. I am leaving on Monday the 8th and coming back on the 22nd.

Tom

car cover

I would think that most parts stores would have a universal cover that would fit. Since its temporary does it have to be a perfect fit?

Take the measurements of the car, most brands will give you a chart on the box. Of course you'll want somthing that is weather (rain) resistant that may be the hard part.

Good luck.:cool:

Good suggestion. I have looked into it a little. I don't want to take the risk of a carcover rubbing the paint anywhere because it doesnt fit properly. I already have one ordered from california car covers but they have to make it. It will take a while. But I may wind up just getting a cheapy to get me by while I am there if I can't find a place to put it.

If you wax it good you should have no problems from rain, its water from sprinkers and tap that cause the problems or you could drive by my house and we could trade cars for the week. You would get my 90 bonneville, LOL

Maybe I am being a little too protective. This is the first new car we have ever owned. I also hate the door ding possibilities and everything else that goes with being at hood with crowded parking lots and stuff. Wish I didn't have to take it at all but I have no option. If I rent a car I will not get reimbursed.
Look me up. My car will be easily spotted in any parking lot. FAR AWAY FROM EVERYONE ELSE.

car cover

Originally posted by ES1
you could drive by my house and we could trade cars for the week. You would get my 90 bonneville, LOL

Now why didn't I think of that!
:D :D :D :D

Originally posted by tc86gn
Maybe I am being a little too protective. This is the first new car we have ever owned. I also hate the door ding possibilities and everything else that goes with being at hood with crowded parking lots and stuff. Wish I didn't have to take it at all but I have no option. If I rent a car I will not get reimbursed.
Look me up. My car will be easily spotted in any parking lot. FAR AWAY FROM EVERYONE ELSE.

Hey if you need a cheap rental, maybe I can help you out.
I am the Store Mgr @ Budget Car & Truck Rental here in Garland.:cool: :cool:

Garland is a little far from Hood. What do you have in mind?

Should've looked at this sooner, but you could've kept it at my house. My GN is in the driveway covered. Sorry.

John C.

No problem. Got to come home early anyway. Finally got my GN engine built and running after I came home. Still working on the tuning and small stuff. Have to look you up when I come there for a class that my civilian boss wants me to attend, a nightvision maintenance class from 26-29 Aug. Maybe I will see you then. I will probably be staying at the "High House" or similar transient billeting. If everything works out I will be driving the GN.
Thanks,
Tom

car cover

I sell Covercraft covers and we have a pattern for a Firebird with a low level spoiler and another with a high level spoiler.

I realise this is too late to solve your problem but if anyone in need of a custom cover, I sell at factory direct prices.

Send me a note for information and prices Barney@texas.net