You can type here any text you want

Need help. Fast system not working

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

96SCTA

I can not get my wide band o2 to work, It is not showing up on the bottom right corner of the screen ! Also i can not get the computer to go into closed loop. I have all the setting set so it should turn on at idle. There is no o2 correction going on. All the requiremtns are met. Temp, rpm and time . So what is keeping it from going into close loop. I read some other post about this. And there was mention that it willl not go into closed loop if there is any after fuleing corrections. So i looked at the graph and the little cross hair is at 180 degress and +80 enrichment. Please help!!!
. I am using bosch o2's. For the regular o2s. The number for my wideband matches that of my computer. There is no symbol (lambada) in the lower right corner. How would i tell if it is wired correctly. The wideband sensor does not heat up with the key forward. Will the lambada symbol be there even if it is wired wrong.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

A few things come to mind:
1) the O2 is bad
2) it is wired incorrectly
3) or the FAST isn't calibrated for that O2

how do i trouble shoot this??

1) the o2 is brand new
2)what can do to check the wireing. Should the o2 get hot with key forward? even though there is not wb symbol on the computer
3) How do i tell if fast is not callabrated for the widband

How come i have no o2 correction. The o2 correction percent is always 0. Is the the widband correction, or the stock o2 sensor correction...

Thanks for the help

Micah

Did the ecu come with wide band or was it a option add on? If so did you load the file?

Do you have wide band selected in set up?

Is this a splice in harness?

The wide band came with the kit.
The harnes was a splice in harness from white racing
I loaded the 1 disk with the c-com softwear, That is the only disk i got. Is it on that disk??
Would the above effect the car from not going into closed loop. Shouldnt the stock o2 sensor still be used.
Thank you for your help

Your stock O2's are no longer used. If the system was ordered with the WB included (30-126010, I think), you won't get an extra disk.
I would contact White Racing (I assume you bought everything from them). I am sure they would be willing to help you with what they sold you.

Can some one awnser this question, what would cause the wb symbol not to show up?

Also with me having the stock o2's still pluged in would that cause a problem.

**corection to my other post, i purchased this system from fast track performance., And it is near impossible to get through to talk to him on line. Ill keep trying. Any help you guys could give me would be cool!

Why do you have the factory 02 connected??

Go into your closed loop parameters and make sure you have "selected" closed loop. Check to see that closed loop high is like 700rpm and closed loop low is 600rpm. Check to see that the min temp is around 125.

Go to the dash and see if you are reading the A/F.

If no 02 reading or correction then you need to check wiring instructions.

Originally posted by 96SCTA
Can some one awnser this question, what would cause the wb symbol not to show up?

Also with me having the stock o2's still pluged in would that cause a problem.

Hmm....., I'll try reposting:

A few things come to mind:
1) the O2 is bad
2) it is wired incorrectly
3) or the FAST isn't calibrated for that O2

Having the stock O2s plugged in(not sure why) should not matter unless you wired the Fasttrack harness incorrectly.

If you're not getting the Lambda symbol, then I don't think it will matter what closed loop settings you have set up in the box.

The reasone i have my o2's plugged in is cause im a retard.
There is no o2 corrections or af ratio.
All closed perametors are set as sujested.

So as you have all stated it must be a wiring problem. And that sucks. Ill rip out the hole system and re-install / double check. I will post back with my findings. Thank you all for your help !!!!!

So as you have all stated it must be a wiring problem.

Sigh......
Not necessarily, that is only 1 out of the 3 possible explinations I gave you.

I will try to state this as simple as possible. It is not uncommon for the terminals in the the WBO2 sensor and the jumber harness to push out. Just look at them closely. I hope you know how to use a multi meter. Have a friend help you and ohm each wire from the sensor connector back to the ecu and make sure the colors match. This isn't rocket science. If everything checks out ok and, I can't remember if you said this, if the WBO2 sensor has never worked form day one then contact the dealer that sold you the unit and with your serial number and some info off of the view all sensor screen they determine if you received the correct WBO2 sensor. It is possible that yours was calibrated wrong, these are made by humans and to err is human.

Yes, it has not worked from day 1. The reading for the wideband do not move at all they stay steady. I will check the wiring latter this week if the rain lets up. If the wiring is ok The next step will be to look into the Senor being bad or the computer not calabrated correctly. I will update latter. Thanks for your guys help.

Micah

??????????

It's like Cal told you. If you do not have the sensor calibrated to the ECM, it will NOT work.
The O2 sensors for the FAST MUST be calibrated, by ECM serial number. If the S/N on the plug for the sensor does not match the S/N on the ECM, it will not work....;)

Also, if that box happened to be shipped in error, without the WB option, and you paid for it, you can get a file e-mailed to you to activate the option... [If the above scenario does not apply]

update...

Checked all wires over and over again. They are fine. Hear are some numbers from the scan i did. Key forward car not running.

EUGOR--4.51
UEGOS--1.02
UEGO --3.53

With the car running they do not move at all. They just stay there.

The target lambada was reading around .98 and moving around. The wide band symbol still does not show in the lower right corner.
I unpluged my stock 02 sensors. So that mess is taken care of. Lets see other info is. system part number 30-126010.
Firmeware revison is b2b unv.e. I hope this info helps figure out the problem. Once again thanks for any help you can give me.

Micah

i also checkd all the pins for in the plugs and they are all seated properly.

OK I THINK I GOT IT...!!!!!!
THE NUMBER ON THE BOX FOR THE WIDEBAND MATCHES THE COMPUTER SN#. BUT THE NUMBER THAT IS ENGRAVED ON THE WIDEBAND HARNESS DOES NOT MATCH ANYTHING. WHAT HAS TO BE DONE TO FIX THIS. THANKS YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP.:) :) :)

getting closer!

OK I THINK I GOT IT...!!!!!!
THE NUMBER ON THE BOX FOR THE WIDEBAND MATCHES THE COMPUTER SN#. BUT THE NUMBER THAT IS ENGRAVED ON THE WIDEBAND HARNESS DOES NOT MATCH ANYTHING. WHAT HAS TO BE DONE TO FIX THIS. THANKS YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP.:) :) :)

I'd go back to your supplier, and tell them what you have found.
If you didn't buy it from a FAST dlr, then I'd call the tech guys at FAST in Memphis. Pull up the website, and the info is there.

If it's new, then I'm betting that someone out there has the same problem you have!!:eek:

Back