You can type here any text you want

Need Help!! I Need a balancer for the TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jas89TTA

Anyone have or know where I can get a balancer? My motor's getting rebuilt by Cal Hartline and my old balancer is cracked and GM has discontinued it and there's no dealers showing one in inventory. The only one I can find is the BHJ balancer thru Johns Performance, but I'd rather see if I can find a factory one. Anyone have any comments on the BHJ? $400 seems high for a balancer but if it's the way to go or if it's the only way I'll just have to bite the bullet. Thanks, Jason

Grumpy said:
whats a new GM one worth ?? :confused:

20 bucks? :biggrin:

Contact Brian at G-Body see if he has an extra one? Or in the parts wanted area put up a post. The big deal is the reluctor ring not being damaged.

wow $20 !!!! guess it stay's in the box :eek: :biggrin: oh I have a used one for $60 shipped :cool:

What.. this place look like ebay or sumthen ;)

Ok.. how bout 30 for the new one :eek:

I would but I lost the original GM box so I just threw it away :eek:

Hey, Grumpy I'll let ya know on the used one, I may take it. I'm just tring to figure out if I should go with the BHJ one or not. Anyone have any input on which way to go? I'm hopeing to get in the low 11's to 10's with the car and was told I should consider getting the BHJ one. The car's not stock, I've got a set of ported champion heads and intake, T-66 turbo, and some other stuff. Just want to make the right choice for the motor. Thanks, Jason

Damper

Hi,
Try Dorman. They have a lot of neat stuff these days, and that may be one of their life saving items. Used is ok too. Good luck!

Jas89TTA said:
Hey, Grumpy I'll let ya know on the used one, I may take it. I'm just tring to figure out if I should go with the BHJ one or not. Anyone have any input on which way to go? I'm hopeing to get in the low 11's to 10's with the car and was told I should consider getting the BHJ one. The car's not stock, I've got a set of ported champion heads and intake, T-66 turbo, and some other stuff. Just want to make the right choice for the motor. Thanks, Jason

Stock crank.. stock balancer.
Steel crank.. BHJ and get the JW flywheel

Back