need help, oil presure help ?

I had the drill running for about 3 to 4 minutes. had the same results just a little oil to turbo line and oil pressure tube. just enough to get air out of the line in oil pressure gauge. taking oil pan off to eliminate oil pickup tube. do i need to hand spin engine over to prime, so the cam holes ( for oil) are in the right spot . can anybody help with that?

I'm stumped. If you had an oil cooler adaptor I'd tell you to fill up the upper hose. I had to do this with my engine after it sat for a few years. I thank jdpolzin for that little tip:)

my spelling sucks and my motor works even worse! the engine is brand new and so is the timing cover. i've never had oil pressure since the new motor. i do have the drill turning the right way , because i have oil coming out of the oil pressure tube. i did purge the oil pressure tube, and tried two different gauges. i'm lost and need help.... i don't want to ruin new motor. p.s. how do you spell this sucks!!!:cool::confused:
Get rid of the new timing cover they are chinese junk bought three of them none worked right modified astock cover installed ahigh vilume pump actually had to detune the oil pressure to much

MIKE

:confused: Just took off oil pan the f-n pickup screan has alot of crud junk and dog hair ,on my way to pick up a new one. do you guys think this is all it is? when I took the oil pan off the screen was so cloged that it had suction!

Make sure you put the gasket on the pickup! AND tighten it!
Then spin the drill again. you Can roll the crank over a few times or just turn it everyso often as your priming the oil but it don't need to be turned to prime.

i hope this does it ! you guys have been alot of help. yea... dog hair! the motor was sitting at a buddies house for a while. no telling what could have happened. now that i think of it i don't recall cleaning out the oil pan. do i need to vaseline the oil pump to prime.? thanks again for all your help. almost done!!

OEM pickup tubes have a "safety" of sorts. For lack of a better term, there is a relief in the pickup that if the screen gets too crudded up, the flapper will open to allow oil to be suctioned. Maybe yours didnt have this...nonetheless its good news that you have that other pickup out of there, considering what was in it.

I seriously hope this solves your problem...but I still have fears of the cam bearing issue. Let us know!!

I think i will take the chopper in to town .It will get there quicker,but not smoother:cool: I will pack the gears so wish me luck .I have ben workn on this problem for about 6 months ,and lost track of the beers i drunk or drank .BEER WILL SLUR YOUR SPEACH AND SPELLING.

Yes the tube does have the safty valve ,but the screen had so much crap on it that it was sucked up to the oil tube .I just hope this works!

I am going to drink moor beer and pray it is not the cam bearing ,the motor was built by a guy that builds drag motors and has a full machine shop here in south florida his name is bob larken ,i hope he knows what he is doing . I dont think he has done a lot of 231's .I hope he did his reserch,

Ribbing you on the speeling Bobby. LOL Mine sucks as well but I check it before I post. Not trying to aggrivate you btw. It sounds like you've figured out the problem but I'd make sure everything is nice and clean before you put it back together. I braze the relief over so if there's a problem I can find it faster. It can cause problems but if the guage drops off then I know there's a problem.

Ya the more beers i have the better it gets ,lol. The braze is a good idea .
i am spit shining the oil pan now. I hope this does it,or back to the beers. I will let you know soon how it works,thanks alot for the help. F.T.E.

NO.NO f-n oil .I put it all back took the valve cover off no oil just small amount comming out of #2 cylinder and the turbo line has good oil just no pressure on guage , im lost dont know what to do next. I looked in the hole where the prime tool goes, looks to get oil in it too when i spin it what next ,can anyone help . THANKS:(

Looks like you're gonna have to tear it down Bobby. Sorry to hear it but you may have some clogging from the dog hair you found. I'd almost bet your main gallery is full of hair now.