You can type here any text you want

need help part # 373 GOVERNOR

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbonique6

i just put 373's in my gn. i need to know a part # for a governor (plastic part on top) that would work with these gears, so my odometer will read right. or what car i can pull it out off, if it came on any other car make.

i just put 373's in my gn. i need to know a part # for a governor (plastic part on top) that would work with these gears, so my odometer will read right. or what car i can pull it out off, if it came on any other car make.

I think you need the green gear. Not positive though. Someone else chime in and let him know what he needs. MC SS with 3.73 gears has the correct gear. This is assuming a 26" tire. You may need a different driven gear also.

10 tooth green drive gear used on Monte SS with 3.73s is a GM PN 8639906, about $40 new.

Thnx so much 2 both of u 4 ur help! The green gear should be it. Actually bison, I am a she & not a he. lol

Glad to help.
I'll probably be looking for that PN in a few weeks again anyway and I'll know I can search here. :D

Back