Need help PLEASE!!!

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
Hello all,
I'm looking for a Mechanical Engineering job and really need some networking help. The job hunting is just not going that well, due to the poor economy. I am finished with my BS in ME this December. If you are in a technical discipline or have some connections to one, please list the company that you either work for or have a connection.

Areas of interest include: Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Electronic Packaging, Control System, automotive / aerospace technology, and avionics.

Companies that I'm working on so far: Lockheed Martin, NASA, Boeing, BAE, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Honeywell, NASEA, and NAVAIR.

The companies listed above, I have contacted, but could still use an inside connection.

Thank you for any help!!!

Sincerely,
Jason S. Meyers

humm, i dont know if you know about them or not, or if there even still there, but i think its Prat and Witney has a huge facility here near West Palm Beach... i think thats where they devolped the F-22 Raptor Engines.

I dont have any personal sources for you but I think Sikorsky also has a facility in West Palm Beach or Palm Beach Gardens down the highway from the Moroso track. Also Lockheed-Martin has a lot of stuff up here in the Orlando-Cape Caniveral area. My older brother is a ME with Raytheon in the Dallas-Ft Worth area and was envolved with the F-22 electronics-radar and I think he said the airframe or engines were to be sourced out of Florida. Let us know how your job hunting comes out.

Eric Fisher

Thanks guys!!!

I'll be adding Pratt and Whitney, and Raytheon to my list of companies to take a look at. I have looked a little into Raytheon. Saw them at a Career Fair at school.

turbofish38,
Could you drop your brother an email or a phone call to see if it were ok for me to email him my resume & cover letter. My friend had good luck hand delivering a copy of his resume this spring and got his job at Lockheed Martin because of it. I really think it is a good idea to find any way to stand out in these large companies and one of the ways is to hand delivering my resume.

Thanks again,
Jason

New companies to add to my list that I’ve taken a look at: Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon, and General Electric. Thanks for the help so far, keep the ideas coming.

Jason

Yeah, Let me see what I can do for you. The last I had heard(a couple of months ago) my brother was back at Texas Instruments but I'm sure he has buddies working for everybody else in the area and maybe he can do something. I'll just pass your e-mail to him so you know where to send it. Eric

Eric,
Thanks, I greatly appreciate any help that you have given me and/or will be giving me in the future.

Jason