Need help PLEASE!!!

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
Hello all,
I'm looking for a Mechanical Engineering job and really need some networking help. The job hunting is just not going that well, due to the poor economy. I am finished with my BS in ME this December. If you are in a technical discipline or have some connections to one, please list the company that you either work for or have a connection.

Areas of interest include: Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Electronic Packaging, Control System, automotive / aerospace technology, and avionics.

Companies that I'm working on so far: Lockheed Martin, NASA, Boeing, BAE, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Honeywell, NASEA, and NAVAIR.

The companies listed above, I have contacted, but could still use an inside connection.

Thank you for any help!!!

Sincerely,
Jason S. Meyers

Well, I'm an Engineering Manager at Boeing, so that's probably the type of networking you're looking for. How many high-performance Turbo Buick parts is it worth to ya ? ...just kidding ;).

Actually the best thing to do is to regularly apply to the external Boeing job web site http://www.boeing.com/flash.html
We are hiring in certain areas and locations. When the 7E7 gets authorized by the Board at the end of this year or early next year it should open the exterior doors even more.

Check out Lockheed in Texas as well. Last I knew they still needed a bunch of engineers for the JSF program.

Email me your resume, if you wish.

Thank you Dan!!!

This is exactly the kind of networking I'm most looking for!!!

I have gone through the online process with Boeing. I applied to roughly 20 jobs at Boeing. I did so, this week. I am therefore waiting for response.

As for the JSF program in TX and Lockheed Martin, it is the top on my list. I am looking into the JSF mostly for the program it self, but I also look forward to living in TX. At Lockheed, I have received help from a buddy of mine that was hired this spring coming out of college. He told me that one thing that helped him get the job was that his resume was hand delivered. Therefore, I would like to take you up on taking my resume. I will also be attaching a cover letter.

As for the car parts……when I get the job, the GN is getting taken off the road and put on a diet. So if you'd like a hook up on some stock parts, as in a VERY nice interior, I can trade you for the job…..;-)

Thanks again,
Jason

New companies to add to my list that I’ve taken a look at: Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon, and General Electric. Thanks for the help so far, keep the ideas coming.

Jason