You can type here any text you want

Need help please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thehotrodguy

I have been battling an off idle stumble for months, I have tried everything. I even took the car to a tuner near me to see if he could help but after I got the car back it was worse. The car was stalling and popping. After I loaded my old file back the car was back to normal. I then knew it was the changes that the tuner had done. I then changed my spark plug wires I found three of the wires were burned by the heat from the headers. I raped the headers and replaced the wire with Taylor 409’s. But I still have the same problem can someone help me out I have data loged the car a bunch of times. Can someone look at my config file and data logs it would greatly be appreciated. I can e-mail the files to anyone that is willing to look at them

1993 Firebird Trans Am
383 engine
Vortech 12 psi supercharger.

Thanks

Oscar Rivera
orivera@optonline.net

I know of a shop in PA just outside Philly that could probably fix your problems. I was at their shop the other day and they had two cars there from NY, a GN and a Typhoon. Berrel Auto Repair 215-659-8549 ask for Dale or Chris. I think they are pretty busy from the looks of the amount of cars on their lot but they might be able to fit you in. They are a FAST dealer and I know they do alot of installs on all kinds of cars, they have a couple of cars similar to yours running around.

Thanks

Thank you very much for the replies, any kind of info is helpful. I will give the Guys in PA a call.

Thanks

Oscar :)

Does that engine have a distributor? Assuming you've played with the tuning settings, I would be checking the ignition- plugs, pickup, rotor, etc...

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Back