You can type here any text you want

Need Help! Turbo does not line up with IC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GNT

Can someone please tell me whats the solution to getting the Turbo to better lineup with the SLIC w/Duttweiler neck? The original one does line up without the Dutt neck.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    806.8 KB · Views: 175
Looks like it wasn't welded on correctly to meet up with the turbo. You could have it rewelded at the right height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like it wasn't welded on correctly to meet up with the turbo. You could have it rewelded at the right height.

I purchased it this way from ebay...guess thats where I went wrong. $***!!!!

Try to loosen the bolts on the cold side of the turbo and move the housing. Not sure from the pic if you can move it enough to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased it this way from ebay...guess thats where I went wrong. $***!!!!

Back when I had my Dutt Neck I had the welder do it near my car so he could get the right measurements for where to cut off the old and how to weld the new.

Are you able to re-clock the housing?

Try to loosen the bolts on the cold side of the turbo and move the housing. Not sure from the pic if you can move it enough to make it work.

It looks like you should able to loosen the bolts on the compressor housing and rotate it up to match the intercooler.

It looks like you should able to loosen the bolts on the compressor housing and rotate it up to match the intercooler.

I agree you might be able to especially when you throw in a flexible rubber boot. The question then becomes have you helped the restricted airflow any?

Just swing the turbo up and you're good to go. Put the step hose and clamps on while the turbo is loose. That'll save some trouble and help the compressor find its happy place.

Just don't go berserk when tightening the bolts back down. If you strip one, you're not going to be real happy.

What Earl said and loosen the intercooler so you can wiggle it into the hose. :)

I’d first loosen the compressor cover bolts and the Intercooler bracket bolts and see if you can clock the cover into a better position and slide the hose on place then tighten the Intercooler bracket bolts and comp cover bolts

I’d first loosen the compressor cover bolts and the Intercooler bracket bolts and see if you can clock the cover into a better position and slide the hose on place then tighten the Intercooler bracket bolts and comp cover bolts

Hey Bison!! So this is one of your MFS 5957's I purchased this year. I was able to loosen the compressor cover bolts and clock it. Thank you all for helping me out with this...

Hey Bison!! So this is one of your MFS 5957's I purchased this year. I was able to loosen the compressor cover bolts and clock it. Thank you all for helping me out with this...

That’s a fun turbo. Good update for a stock head application.

Back