Need help with 85 to 87 conversion

That diagram that pertains to the brakes intergrating with the power steering, what exactly does the a, b, and c mean? Im guessing it represents where the connection points are, but how did you guys adapt hoses to get to these points???

That diagram that pertains to the brakes intergrating with the power steering, what exactly does the a, b, and c mean? Im guessing it represents where the connection points are, but how did you guys adapt hoses to get to these points???

They were the high pressure hook ups you need to deal with, and you have to T the return line. The T is easy, I struggled and struggled trying to figure out what fittings I needed until I found this thread. If you plan on swapping to a hyrdoboost this thread is invaluable.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/brakes-suspensions-tires-wheels/199010-hydroboost.html

Looks good...

I did this many years ago to the '84 GN... NOTHING was out there to assist.

White Racing offers an alternator bracket that deletes the stock '87 idler assembly.

S-10 manual steering resolved the hose adaption issue. This is a demanded creature comfort item for many... it keeps my upper arms rock hard from the work out. :smile:

Swapping over to vacuum brakes was a move up IMO. An easy swap.

I'll be at PMP (Pueblo Motorsports park) on the 22nd for the last Friday Night drags... if you come out you can look over the car from head to toe.

Well guys sorry to disapoint but the car still sits in my garage unfinished. Got busy at work as well as with other projects and money got tighter so its been on hold thru the winter. I hope that with my tax refund and some time off from work Ill be able to get her finished. I guess I need to just set my priorities:biggrin:

I still need to get the bung welded on the oil pan for my oil line return, but am wondering where the best place to put it is. Anyone thats done this before have any pics? Thanks Dusty

ILL post one tomorrow
Thanks,
Im thinking the best place will be the front of the pan, but Im not sure if the pan is tall enough there for one. If not then I think I can put it on the passenger side at the very top and front of the pan with a 90 degree fitting.

Photos

Thanks,
Im thinking the best place will be the front of the pan, but Im not sure if the pan is tall enough there for one. If not then I think I can put it on the passenger side at the very top and front of the pan with a 90 degree fitting.

DSC00085.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00086.jpg
[/IMG]

Got them. Is that pan all stock or did you modify it at all? Also is there any clearance issues with the front cross member?

Thanks again
Dusty

Pan

Got them. Is that pan all stock or did you modify it at all? Also is there any clearance issues with the front cross member?

Thanks again
Dusty

THE pan is modi its deeper and has for the clearnce its a pain if the pan is bolted on to un do the line other then that works out for me.

AL

Well guys I finally pulled my head out of my but and got working on my car the last few days and got it to a point where I could try and start it tonight. It started up on the first try with minimal cranking. Its idling rough and not sure why but at least it runs finally. The only real problem is that there is a fuel leak:mad: Its right where I rigged the filter on the end of the hard line entering the engine bay and I cant tell if its leaking at the fitting or the stock 87 line where the metals crimmped on the rubber. I will probably pull the filter out and just hook up the lines and see if it still leaks. If not then Ill put my filter back just in front of the tank. If it still leaks Ill have to get a new line and pull things apart again:mad: Thanks to all of you that helped me out over the last two years to get me to this point.