You can type here any text you want

need help with my motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
I got a stock 86 model motor with a ta49 turbo and also a 76mm, I need to know what other mods to do besides the 3 inch downpipe and exhaust to support these two turbos.

I not sure on injector size, but I will be doing a head job or buying heads. Just need to know what other parts are good to invest in right now for this.

oh yea its going into my bagged s10.

I have a fast xfi will that cover my stock cu and turbo tweaks chip? also playing with a external waste gate idea.

no just one just not sure which one would be the better for the street and all that for daily driving.

Start with the stocker for now until you get an idea of how it runs. If everything is good then you can use the other one.

exhaust is all fabbed up and lays out completely runs peachy fixing to tear into the motor I already want more power from it.

The 49 will support your car to the mid 11s. Yes you could push it harder, but why stress everything. For the street the 49 will be better. The 76 is a 700+ hp turbo, totally different That one would need some support. I would suggest a strong bottom end to start; girdle, pistons, rods, etc. The heads should flow and a larger cam wouls also be suggested. The upper engine is where your power will come from, so upgrades are only necessary to the point where you want your power to be. I think I said that right. If the engine is intended to be raced often and driven hard, then I again suggest building a strong foundation.
Either way you're going to need a healthy fuel system and EMS.

Hope this helps you.

its a street truck no racing it just want the extra stuff for personal reasons.

Well if you get it done enough you could take it to Noble in October for the Buick-Ford shootout.

its on bags and is finished not racing just for showing purposes

Back