Need help with new fuel pump

chucklesdaklown

Hello, I'm a newbie to Turbo Buicks and ive been having a few issues with keeping my GN running. Ive been following the spring cleaning list since buying my car in March. Ive installed a tt chip and 42lbs injector combo. Ive removed and blocked off the egr and today installed a new aeromotive stealth 340 pump ( part #11140 ). The issue I'm having now is that the pump wont cut on. Ive checked my wiring on the pump and its all correct. Its a 30 amp draw on the pump. Ive ordered a hotwire kit from TT thinking that maybe its a power issue. If anyone has any other ideas on what could possibly be causing this pump issue I'd thank you for your ideas.

You might have checked this but I would start with the fuse in the fuse block then verify voltage at the pump connector.

Just checked it. Fuse is good, relay is good, and getting voltage in the back. I'm thinking that maybe i got the in tank wiring reversed. I ordered a hotwire kit and was gonna wait for it to arrive and install it. If it didnt kick on then I was gonna drop the tank again and redo the wiring. But if you have any other ideas I'm not against trying them before i drop the tank again.

If you have voltage at the connector and the pump is NOT running, then I'm afraid the problem is in the tank. If the pump is running then either it's wired backwards or you have a plug in the fuel line. I've never done it but I'm sure the pump will run with the wires reversed. DC motors will run with the wires either way, it will just run forward or backwards. A new pump should not need a hot wire kit to run. Maybe someone else has another idea.

there ya go.... pull that tank back out.

if the hot wire kit did not include the fuel header wiring pass-through then you might want to consider upgrading that too. racetronix sells the parts to do that section.

I had to rewire the pump to begin with cause the person i bought the car from had a airtex pump in it. So reverse polarity isnt the issue. After taking the pump out the tank and bench testing it i believe its just a bad pump. Its not cutting on at all with direct power to it. So in the am gonna return it to the store i got it from and just exchange it.

Heres a update...it was a bad fuel pump. exchanged it this morning and installed the new one. pump is working great.