You can type here any text you want

need help with vaccume hose location

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ngc414

I ordered a haynes manual but have not recieved it yet. I figured I would post the question in the mean time. My car is an 87 Turbo T bone stock. Mounted on the passenger side valve cover there is a electrical connector that goes to a two port vaccume manifold. On my car one prong has a line on it the other does not, its just an open port. I imagine the other should have something there. Can any one shed some light on this? I can take a pic, but Im not smart enough to figure out how to post it.

Nope. leave it as is. It is for the wastegate solenoid that vents to atmosphere.

correct me if im wrong but isnt there a vacuum routing diagram on the heater box? it also has coil pack terminal/cyl. locations, emissions stuff on it too.

Is this what ur looking 4 ????

I ordered a haynes manual but have not recieved it yet. I figured I would post the question in the mean time. My car is an 87 Turbo T bone stock. Mounted on the passenger side valve cover there is a electrical connector that goes to a two port vaccume manifold. On my car one prong has a line on it the other does not, its just an open port. I imagine the other should have something there. Can any one shed some light on this? I can take a pic, but Im not smart enough to figure out how to post it.

Hope this helps...good luck ! :cool:

Attachments

• vac_federal.jpg
    vac_federal.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 108
notacarlo is right. It's not a vac line technically, and not depicted on the above diagram. It's a boost control line, and the solenoid originally had a little foam filter on the open port.

I didn't mention the filter cuz....well, I don't think I have ever seen one unless it was a concourse car.:biggrin:

I didn't mention the filter cuz....well, I don't think I have ever seen one unless it was a concourse car.:biggrin:

I think I saw one of those filters in 1989 while working at a Pontiac dealership. :wink:

Back