You can type here any text you want

Need Info On M&a Cyl. Heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KILL4PEACEUSMC

Team Infidel
On ebay:M&A Turbo Buick Aluminum Gen 3 Race heads

If you use the buy It now Shipping Free

You are bidding on three Heads 2 are complete ready to bolt on and 1 bare casting. All three castings are the 3rd generation casting. Fresh from Champion racing heads and still in the Champion boxes and wrapped in plastic. Heads are M&A fully ported with titanium retainers/stainless valves/forged locks/Upgraded Beehive 1.44" diameter valve springs/1.6 roller rockers/valve covers/head,intake gaskets. Heads have a fresh valve job and the titanium retainers/forged locks/spring cups/head gaskets etc are brand new never run. Heads went 9.9s before the upgrades/freshening.
I will also note that the heads had a previous leak welded/repaired by Champion and then both heads were ceramic sealed. Heads flowed in the 230/180 range from what i recall. They also include the Rocker Arms and Valve covers. If you Need more info call 941-232-2801 Erik Thanks
SET UP FOR ROLLER CAM ONLY.

have been wanting a set of Champion heads for my GN. I know that M&A are an older design but for $1600 bucks for fresh heads, 1 bare, V/C's, & rockers, looks like you cant go wrong. What do you guys think?

I could be wrong but I think those heads used to belong to a board member here. His name is Mike and he's in Canada and goes by Cheeseburger on the board.

In my opinion the M&A heads were really pretty good and I know Kenny Duttweiler used them for years on his customers Buick motors. They were the base for the design of the TA heads when Mike at TA purchased all the tooling etc. from Ted Wayman at M&A.

I hope this helps

Neal

M&As will take you a long way. After the turbo upgrade, I'm getting ready to bust into the 8s with a set that are still using the original valve diameters.

The flow numbers of my set are only 210/166. You can't always go by the flow numbers.

On ebay:M&A Turbo Buick Aluminum Gen 3 Race heads

If you use the buy It now Shipping Free

You are bidding on three Heads 2 are complete ready to bolt on and 1 bare casting. All three castings are the 3rd generation casting. Fresh from Champion racing heads and still in the Champion boxes and wrapped in plastic. Heads are M&A fully ported with titanium retainers/stainless valves/forged locks/Upgraded Beehive 1.44" diameter valve springs/1.6 roller rockers/valve covers/head,intake gaskets. Heads have a fresh valve job and the titanium retainers/forged locks/spring cups/head gaskets etc are brand new never run. Heads went 9.9s before the upgrades/freshening.
I will also note that the heads had a previous leak welded/repaired by Champion and then both heads were ceramic sealed. Heads flowed in the 230/180 range from what i recall. They also include the Rocker Arms and Valve covers. If you Need more info call 941-232-2801 Erik Thanks
SET UP FOR ROLLER CAM ONLY.

have been wanting a set of Champion heads for my GN. I know that M&A are an older design but for $1600 bucks for fresh heads, 1 bare, V/C's, & rockers, looks like you cant go wrong. What do you guys think?

I thought people complained about the Alum. heads enough when they were brand new but to use a head like the M&A with their age??I don't know if I would spend my money on those..I think for the money you might be better off with the GN1's or the TA 's. Because when I pump up the boost I don't want to be second guessing the parts I used just to save a buck....

I have always heard they crack pretty bad when pushed...

For that price, I don't blame you though!

How do you determine which version or generation the heads are? I have a set and was just wondering how to tell.

The gen 3 is cast somewhere around the bottom of the intake flange. You can't see it when the motor is together or I would tell you exactly where it's at. The set of my weads have been welded from one end to the other on the exhaust side of both heads. But I didn't push mine. HA=HA

the set I have say, stage III under the intake port. so I take it they are gen 3?
sorry not trying to jack your post.

My first generation have the Stage III on them too. That's a new one about the cracking. I've never heard that about the M&As. The Champions, I've heard plenty about cracking.

I actually think the M&A heads are amazing. I've blown up 2 engines due to preignition with alcohol. Enough cylinder pressure to bust out rods in both engines and the heads came out of the ordeals dancing the jig. Not even one thousandth of an inch warpage on the decks of the heads. I just took them off, rinsed them off and bolted them onto the next engine. They're on my present engine now, untouched from the first time I worked them.

Personally, I'd run M&A heads before I spent my hard earned cash again on another set of Champions aluminum heads.

Neal

Back