You can type here any text you want

Need info on stageII headers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

N2BUICK

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Wanting to find out more about the headers that turn the turbo horizontial to the motor.
I have a set of stageII headers,single turbo,four bolt.I need to make a front crossover and a turbo mounting piece.
Harry at PT told me they had made a few sets some time ago.
I saw Richie Kiblers car at PT site. It appears that he has this header design.
Does anyone know who has some of these headers. Would like to get some pics,if possible
Are they turning the turbo for reasons of?? Better down pipe,no elbow? What are they doing for an air cleaner? Seems like no room to put one,so close to the core support?
Any input would help
Thanks
Austin

Originally posted by N2BUICK
Wanting to find out more about the headers that turn the turbo horizontial to the motor.
I have a set of stageII headers,single turbo,four bolt.I need to make a front crossover and a turbo mounting piece.
Harry at PT told me they had made a few sets some time ago.
I saw Richie Kiblers car at PT site. It appears that he has this header design.
Does anyone know who has some of these headers. Would like to get some pics,if possible
Are they turning the turbo for reasons of?? Better down pipe,no elbow? What are they doing for an air cleaner? Seems like no room to put one,so close to the core support?
Any input would help
Thanks
Austin
Austin,

I'm not sure what you are talking about turning the turbo horizontal. I have a set to Precision single headers on my stage II heads. Yes it's a front crossover setup. I actually think they may be twin turbo headers with a ram horn to make then into single turbo headers. Only bad thing about them is that it actually pushes the turbo a little further to the passenger side fender. Because of that I don't think I can run a Precision T-88 turbo with a DP. Dump out the fender well would be fine. DP already makes some funky turns as it is with only a T-76.

I can send pictures if you need.

Art,

I sent Austin the pictures a couple days ago.
I hope that is ok :cool:

Thanks again for the pics of the motor,John.
Art,our headers are somewhat alike. It does appear your turbo is further out.
This is where they have turned the turbo mount 90degrees to the right.
I am just trying to understand is this a good thing to do,and why?
I will copy the headers I am using(borrowed) now.Just wanting to look at some options when I do.
Thank
Austin

Originally posted by N2BUICK
Thanks again for the pics of the motor,John.
Art,our headers are somewhat alike. It does appear your turbo is further out.
This is where they have turned the turbo mount 90degrees to the right.
I am just trying to understand is this a good thing to do,and why?
I will copy the headers I am using(borrowed) now.Just wanting to look at some options when I do.
Thank
Austin
OK, I had a brain fart there for a while. When you said horizontal I was not thinking 90 degrees to the right, I was thinking on the opposite axis (I couldn't figure out why you wanted to do this....:)). I've seen people move the turbo into the center of the motor using a "Y" sort of setup feeding the exhaust into the turbo. Eric Ranking uses this type of setup with this T92 turbo. I'd love to see a picture of the setup you are going to fab up if possible. Very interesting.

Back