You can type here any text you want

Need pics of 16x8 GTA setups PLEASE!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

topher455

I really want to keep my GTA wheels for my 86 Regal project b/c they look awesome with the car. But Im swapping in a 5.3 lm7 with a t-70 and I need reliable traction. I am running "rears" on the front with the 1LE conversion. I was considering something like a 225 55 16 or a 235 50 16 for the front depending on the height of the rear tire I choose. The next problem is that I did the 8.8 Ford rear end swap and the axle is narrower by 1 3/16 total. I.E. stock rear 58.5 in 8.8 is 57 5/16 I can have the wheels redrilled but will the bs be ok? I really dont want to use spacers. I suppose I could have them modded if necessary. Can you guys post some pics of setups ??? I would really like to see the 275 55 16 on a GTA wheel !! Im really afraid that the 255 50 16 is gonna be too small. Please help! :(

Look at adapters as opposed to spacers with the amount of space you need to bring them back out. SyTy's use adapters to run C5 Z06 in the rears to make them flush with the cladding. I am running GTA rears in the front and fronts in the rears.

Attachments

• TurboT.jpg
    TurboT.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 612
245/50/16 up front and 255/50/16. My best 60 foot time was 1.64. I am using the MT ET Streets in the rear.

Nice car Rich do you have a picture of the car directly from the side? If so could you post it? Id like to see the stance with the 225/55 255/50 combo

I just figured out I didn't have any, snaped a couple, it's getting dark. Maybe the last it's see's outside til spring. If the offset were different, it would hold a bigger tire. Right now I have about 1/2" to the frame. I'd like to drop the whole thing about an inch. Seems to squat just a bit in back, it has Monroe air shocks, I've never touched them. They might need a little air. Cars seems to hook well, of course the tires have 100 or so miles on them.

Rich

Attachments

• Back T.JPG
    Back T.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 584
  • Side T.JPG
    Side T.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 579
Thanks so much. I think I have made my decision. I will try to find some adapters to fit my wheels properly bc I just dont want to use spacers with a 500 rwhp 6-speed car. Where do you get a high quality wheel adapter that can handle the abuse Im getting ready to dish? Any guys runnin adapters on high HP cars?? Please chime in with your experience!

I got a pair off of ebay for $50. They use them locally on Mudding 4x4's, so they take some abuse! I'll try to find the link after work.

Thanks for the help guys. I am using adapters on my jeep right now I was just unsure about the power level / abuse they will handle. I guess that answers my ? thanks.

Nice cars guys. Man this thread is old Im surprised it got dug up. I actually ended up going with 17 inch wheels and tires.

Attachments

• carstance.jpg
    carstance.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 286
16 x 8's all the way around

Attachments

• 87nat 001 (Custom).jpg
    87nat 001 (Custom).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 242
Please post some more pics

Nice cars guys. Man this thread is old Im surprised it got dug up. I actually ended up going with 17 inch wheels and tires.

I was eyeballing those wheels for my GTO --E-Bay right? Did u go wider in the rear or just the standard 17x8 all the way around. I think im gonna order those but I want to make sure they are exactly what I want. please post some more side views.

17x8 front 17x9 rear but the rear have 5.0 backspace so they may not fit a gn very well. Thats one of the reasons I used the 8.8 My pics are on my laptop Ill try and post some tonight.

Back